Skip to main content
Topic: Onan 8K diesel - leak (Read 380 times) previous topic - next topic

Onan 8K diesel - leak

Yahoo Message Number: 4937
Hi,

Last trip I notice some antifreeze leak on the bottom of the generator.
I was not sure why and thought it was because it was over 100 degrees and maybe too full and it spilled.
Today I notice again, it drops maybe a drop every 24 hrs, basically nothing, but still. I looked over and everything (at least where visible) looks dry except the black corrugated tub that comes from somewhere and rest on the squirel cage.

I read somewhere on another forum someone had a similar problem with some fitting on the antifreeze tank.

I was hoping my theory of being maybe overfilled and hot would be valid and it is just a spill of the excess.

Anybody had similar problem? Is this something a limited skill person can fix or would take a Onan dealer to fix?
thank you much
Mo

Re: Onan 8K diesel - leak

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4939
Mine had a cracked reservoir and leaked like this when new. It was common i understand on the 6me Diesel that it in my coach. Part was even in stock at Cummins service center.

Sent: 28 July, 2010 5:28 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Onan 8K diesel - leak

Hi,

Last trip I notice some antifreeze leak on the bottom of the generator.
I was not sure why and thought it was because it was over 100 degrees and maybe too full and it spilled.
Today I notice again, it drops maybe a drop every 24 hrs, basically nothing, but still. I looked over and everything (at least where visible) looks dry except the black corrugated tub that comes from somewhere and rest on the squirel cage.

I read somewhere on another forum someone had a similar problem with some fitting on the antifreeze tank.

I was hoping my theory of being maybe overfilled and hot would be valid and it is just a spill of the excess.

Anybody had similar problem? Is this something a limited skill person can fix or would take a Onan dealer to fix?
thank you much
Mo

|  | http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJxMG04MWtvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIwMzY3NDYyB

[The entire original message is not included]