Skip to main content
Topic: criters or not? (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

criters or not?

Yahoo Message Number: 5296
Hi,

I have seen this before, but it looks like it got little worse.

I have a roll of shop towels under the sink and one outside storage, both have been scratched pretty bad, see pix.

As of now, I can not see anything else scratched but I started to worry about, what if these critters chew or damage some important component?

The MH is parked right next to the house, and I do not get critters in the house ( or at least I do not see any evidence).

Traps? poison? what would you suggest?
thanks
Mo

Re: criters or not?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5298
Definitely critters. We didn't get any this winter. But, last winter they tore up a toilet paper roll and used it for bedding underneath the sofa-bed.

We put some sticky traps and some of the stuff that stinks. I forgot what it is called. I don't guarantee that this is why we didn't get any last winter. Probably just coincidence since we only get them in the house once every few years.

David

Re: criters or not? [3 Attachments]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5309
Mo -

I am assuming you have the rig plugged in. If so, try some of these:

http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m792 and http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m753

They are available at Lowe's and Amazon. I got a few critters in the rig when dry camping at a race and these things will run mice out like you would not believe. For about a year, I rented a place out in the stix that had a mouse problem and I put three of the big devicees in the house and I watched the mice and rats work pretty hard to get back out ... made for some real playtime for my two cats too :-)

In the RV, once I got rid of the pests, I worked to seal up every opening I could.

My $0.02

Sam

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 6:13:29 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] criters or not? [3 Attachments]

Hi,

I have a roll of shop towels under the sink and one outside storage, both have been scratched pretty bad, see pix.

As of now, I can not see anything else scratched but I started to worry about, what if these critters chew or damage some important component?

The MH is parked right next to the house, and I do not get critters in the house ( or at least I do not see any evidence).

thanks
Mo

Re: criters or not?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5311
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 05:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] criters or not?

Mo -

I am assuming you have the rig plugged in. If so, try some of these:

http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m792 and http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m753

They are available at Lowe's and Amazon. I got a few critters in the rig when dry camping at a race and these things will run mice out like you would not believe. For about a year, I rented a place out in the stix that had a mouse problem and I put three of the big devicees in the house and I watched the mice and rats work pretty hard to get back out ... made for some real playtime for my two cats too :-)

In the RV, once I got rid of the pests, I worked to seal up every opening I could.

My $0.02

Sam

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 6:13:29 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] criters or not? [3 Attachments]

Hi,

thanks
Mo