Skip to main content
Topic: Electrical problem (Read 688 times) previous topic - next topic

Electrical problem

Yahoo Message Number: 5357
To the experienced RV'er's,
Hi, my name is Alex, I own a 2007 Jayco 33DS, with a GMC Chassis. After going through my divorce, and I say for about almost a year, I finally, checked my RV. As usual I found the Batteries dead, both the coach and chassis. So after replacing the batteries, I started her, and immediately a loud pop, came and smoke originated from the CD player. it started and it died. I checked all the fuzes, both in the engine and in the engine, all fuzes were in good conditioned, however, when I tried to start it again, I noticed that the there were no instruments lights, and was flickering, and altogether will not start at all. In addition, the hydraulic pump for the automatic leveling system was constantly running. With my inexperienced, I disconnected the powercord for the leveling sysytem from the chassis battery. I was hoping that anyone can share their experience comparable to mine. I was thinking that maybe the "auxilliary start button or the AXY 20 fuze located in the passenger fuze box is fried. Besides the obvious, major maintenance repair it requires, I was hoping, this was not an isolated occurence, and may learn from you all.

Sincerely,
Alex of El Paso, Texas

"Many of Life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up!"
--Thomas Edison.

Re: Electrical problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5358

Alex,

My "guess" is that the batteries were rewired incorrectly... but there are others more knowledgeable... when I disconnect the battery cables to clean, etc., I also will take a digital photo of the battery compartment to show the battery cable placement. Good luck.

Denny

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5359
I would agree with Denny. Check the voltage. To make sure it is not 24 volts instead of 12 volts.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5360
Alex . . . If a check shows that you do have 12V, not 24V, then I would check to make sure the batteries were not re-hooked up backwards, with the wrong polarity. Jayco's coach battery wiring was a bit odd from the get-go. They draw all current from one set of battery terminals, with a second battery connected to it as a slave. There's a battery compartment recall for some Jaycos, although I'm not sure if yours is one of the models. I DO think yours is on the gas line recall . . . Here's a link http://tinyurl.com/2a89shc

George

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 5361
Hey George,
Thank you, for the info.

Alex

Sent from my MOTOBLURâ„¢ smartphone on AT&T

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 5362
Alex, yours is definitely one of the recalled units. You should have received a letter from Jayco. If you bought used it would have gone to the original owners. I'd suggest you call Jayco to check if that is the case.

Don

ps. I got the recall notice and had to send them photos showing it did not apply to the 32SS since we don't have a propane line in a slide.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 5363
Alex, If you decide to re-wire your coach's battery box, you might check out a great post last April by one of our members, Kevin McCoy. Check out the posting from the archives, then the matching photos. Good luck with your problem. Share with us when you eventually find out what has caused it.

George

Kevin's Posting . . . http://tinyurl.com/25km38q

Battery Photos . . . http://tinyurl.com/29p7pyh

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 5365
Don,
I will nd bought it new, and thanks!

Alex

Sent from my MOTOBLURâ„¢ smartphone on AT&T