Skip to main content
Topic: Flash my motorhome (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

Flash my motorhome

Yahoo Message Number: 10457
OK, so now the C-5500 guy is saying that my body control module needs to be flashed with software upgrades, and that will solve my dashboard gremlins. Unfortunately, the only place who can do it (for 100.00) is 50 miles away! Anyone else encounter this issue? The good news is that all of the systems work fine, the dummy lights just come on from time to time. Annoying.

Re: Flash my motorhome

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10458
Sound to me like your C-5500 guy does not know what the problem is. From following problems on DP. I would guess that you have a connection or ground problem. Not easy to find.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10459
I had the same problem on my 06' a couple of years ago. There was a wire harness that became chafed by the steering column. The medium duty Chevrolet dealer in my area who diagnosed and made the repair for free outside of factory warranty said the issue was common on this vehicle.

Scott Schellhaas | Metairie Bank
Vice President, Commercial and Mortgage Loans
NMLS#419909
3344 Metairie Road, P O Box 217, Metairie, LA 70001
(:504.832.56187:504.832.2889*:

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:44 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Flash my motorhome

Sound to me like your C-5500 guy does not know what the problem is. From following problems on DP. I would guess that you have a connection or ground problem. Not easy to find.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10465
Leonard:
What year is your MDuty? I`m not totally positive but I don't think our trucks have a BCM.
Denny

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10468
It's a 2005. Only going off of what the local yocal told me. Claims to have an "expert" on staff. Gonna cost me at least a couple hundred $ to get it flashed, with gas and everything

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:58 PM
Subject: RE: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Flash my motorhome

Leonard:
What year is your MDuty? I`m not totally positive but I don't think our trucks have a BCM.
Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10469
So where abouts is this wiring harness? Thanks for your help.

To: "KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:37 AM

I had the same problem on my 06' a couple of years ago. There was a wire harness that became chafed by the steering column. The medium duty Chevrolet dealer in my area who diagnosed and made the repair for free outside of factory warranty said the issue was common on this vehicle.

NMLS#419909

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ronjhallsr

Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10471
You definitely do not have a BCM. Watch out for a snow storm. Explain again just what is going on with the dash.
Denny

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10474
Around the steering column.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Flash my motorhome

So where abouts is this wiring harness? Thanks for your help.

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:37 AM

NMLS#419909

Best
Ron Hall