Skip to main content
Topic: cab door noise (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

cab door noise

Yahoo Message Number: 7724
Hello everyone, after a long search we bought our first moterhome ( we had a TT for many years). It is a 2009 Seneca w/15000 miles and literally in perfect condition. The kodiak rides and drives great so the only issue I have is the cab doors are noisy. I have read about pulling cording or tubing thru the factory door seals or adjusting the latch on the door post. Has anyone tried this or know of a better solution? Thanks and happy camping. Jeff

Re: cab door noise

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7726
, Dennis Bradford  wrote:
I adjusted the door latches on mine and that did the trick. It doesn't take much.
Denny

On Sep 25, 2011, at 9:21, "ninetyeightevo"  wrote:

Hello everyone, after a long search we bought our first moterhome ( we had a TT for many years). It is a 2009 Seneca w/15000 miles and literally in perfect condition. The kodiak rides and drives great so the only issue I have is the cab doors are noisy. I have read about pulling cording or tubing thru the factory door seals or adjusting the latch on the door post. Has anyone tried this or know of a better solution? Thanks and happy camping. Jeff

when we had our 2010 seneca i tried adjusting the latch and it worked some but on the drivers door there was still wind noise especially when the wind was blowing hard on the passenger side.

a friend that is the service manager and works for the gmc dealership here in town fixd ours by rolling down the window, putting his knee against the door panel and actually reefing on the front top part of the door frame.

don

Re: cab door noise

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7727
Repaired mine by adjusting door latch. Did not completely fix it. Put several layers of Gorilla Tape along door edge. I posted this info with pictures a couple years ago.

Best
Ron Hall