Skip to main content
Topic: Slide opening while driving. (Read 567 times) previous topic - next topic

Slide opening while driving.

Yahoo Message Number: 7070
We have one slide that keeps opening while driving. Last night we drove 15 miles and it opened 3" on the bottom. The top hadn't opened that much but it had opened some. They replaced the motor a couple months ago but it is still opening. Any suggestions. 2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS. Passenger side front slide. The other slides don't do this, just the one.

Re: Slide opening while driving.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7071
Are you putting in the braces at the top? I assume you are not or it would not open.

Keith
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Sender: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:03:53 -0000
To:
ReplyTo: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Slide opening while driving.

We have one slide that keeps opening while driving. Last night we drove 15 miles and it opened 3" on the bottom. The top hadn't opened that much but it had opened some. They replaced the motor a couple months ago but it is still opening. Any suggestions. 2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS. Passenger side front slide. The other slides don't do this, just the one.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7072
No we do not put in the braces. We were only going 15 miles on the freeway. I was told by the dealer (maybe wrongly) it wasn't necessary unless we were doing a lot of travel on gravel roads.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, May 23, 2011 2:22:07 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Slide opening while driving.

Are you putting in the braces at the top? I assume you are not or it would not open.

Keith

To:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7073
As usual the dealer is wrong. Jayco would not provide the slide bars unless they are needed. Also Power Gear references using the bars "IF PROVIDED".. Our 08 35GS has stickers above each slide switch that mentions the bars as well.

Dave Sparke

Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 5:34 PM

No we do not put in the braces. We were only going 15 miles on the freeway. I was told by the dealer (maybe wrongly) it wasn't necessary unless we were doing a lot of travel on gravel roads.

Keith

To:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7074
This happened to me when I had a slide-out serviced and the dealer had neglected to reengage a lock mechanism. It took just a minute for the service rep to fix.

Sent: Mon, May 23, 2011 2:34:47 PM

Keith

To:

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7075

I had that problem on my Dutchman. The hydraulic ram had a leak and had to be replaced.

Dutchman does not use slide bars or locks.

Dan

Slide

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7076
We have the same problem, the bottom of the slide comes out a little even with the slide bars in. Our unit is presently at the dealer and this is one of the things being addressed, also this slider started not closing without having to lift on the counter, after it starts a few inches lifting on the counter it comes in ok, again it does not happen all the time could be related.

Slide awning tension

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 7077
We're in NM with winds kicking up like crazy. Had to bring the slides in because the awnings were billowing up and unrolling the rest of the way. They flapped arounds enough to make you crazy. Wasn't there some discussion some time ago on tightening the tension on the rollers?

Not sure anything will really help in 40 mph winds but the long one over the living room has been a little weak anyway.

Take care,
Greg