Skip to main content
Topic: Thermostats (Read 523 times) previous topic - next topic

Thermostats

Yahoo Message Number: 7003
Has anybody replaced the thermostats in there Senecas with a better one than the Mach stats that come with the MH? The temp readings are way off on mine.
I don't see any calibration for them.
Comments?
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Re: Thermostats

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7004
Denny--yes i replaced the stats in my 2007 Seneca with a digital stat from Walmart--it sells for $19 or #20. and is simple to install. Works much better than the stats that came with the Seneca--usually keeps the temp within i degree of the setting. A very inexpensive improvement.
Bill W

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7005
I looked at Russ Hills thermostat. It would be a easy install to put a Hunter in place of the one supplied with the Seneca's.
This Hunter will work OK in the Seneca.
Hunter 44110 Set & Save Programmable Thermostat - - Amazon.com
I have a different model in rear. Because all it needs to do is run rear AC.
Hunter 47999 Just Right Digital Thermostat White - Programmable Household...
I added a single pole switch to each. This allowed me to change fan speed like the original thermostat could.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7008

I would never bother to even look at the numbers and only move it to get to some comfort level in the coach. As drafty as they are it feels like cild air moves aroud the main salon anyway.

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7009

/Oh now I get it...on/off cycles are not very precise..i attributed that more to the non uniform temp in the coach but it sounds like I.am wrong.

~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7031
So I went to Home Depot and purchased two stats. The Mach stats have six wires and the new stats only have provision for 5. I beleive that one of the wires is for the low or high fan setting. Also these stats are for 24V AC.
which was not noted on the package. Anybody tried these stats---Honeywell RTH221 from Home Depot. $18.00? If anybody has post the wireing setup.
Thanks
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7033

So I have a 2007 greyhawk 33ds and my stat is a 12 volt dc 6 wire ....
dont think these will work for me

Scott

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7034
That model should work. It is run by AAA batteries. When we looked at Russ's. He had very good info in his owners manual on the original thermostat wiring. You will need to add a switch if you want 2 speed AC fan.
The OEM thermostat also had something for humidity control. You may not need this wire.
Best
Ron Hall