Skip to main content
Topic: New member - Renegade Explorer (Read 1431 times) previous topic - next topic

New member - Renegade Explorer

Yahoo Message Number: 13799
This morning we had a new member join the group. I think several members will be interested in his motorhome and may have questions for him.

Phillip recently purchased a 2015 Renegade Explorer 2509AG on a Freightline M112 chassis with an Eaton-Fuller 13 speed UltraShift, DD13 -450hp, 1650 ft lbs torque.. It has a garage /w lift gate.

Don

Re: New member - Renegade Explorer

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13800
If I was to buy a new Super C. A custom built Renegade would be on my list.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13802
Attached are some pix. This MH is solid.  Current weight is about 34,000 lbs with a max of about 55,000 lbs.  Each rear axle supports 20K and the front axle handles 15K.  It's a little slow leaving the traffic light, but at about 15 mph it starts skipping a gear or two and moves along.I would have liked to get the Cascadia chassis but it was too much $$$ and about a foot longer than the M112.  My garage just barely takes the M112 with about three inches to spare front to back.  First time I put it

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13803
Yup, I could live in a MH like that. But alas, I am stuck with my Kodiak. Not a bad thing. Just that I like the looks of the Renegade.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13805
nice rig!

a lot of similarities to our 2008 haulmark built on a columbia 120. ours has the mbe 4000 twin screw 20,000 axles, 15,600 on the front

you'll love the 80,000 GCWR

don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13807
Rick are you a member or past member over at the Diesel Page? I have owned a D Max Jayco Seneca for several years and love it. I really like that new rig of yours and hope it serves you well. If you are who I think you are I rode with you through the woods at the first rendezvous

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13808
I have thought about painting the Endura all white like that. The body is getting dull and the stickers are peeling. Bright white with good clear coat will be easy to mainta

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 13809
I agree.  White is less expensive and should something happen, it's easy to match.  Another plus is it reflects the sunlight keeping the MH cooler

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 13810
Jim, Sorry, I'm not your guy.  I never been a member of the Diesel Page although it sounds like something I should look into.      On Monday, December 1, 2014 12:23 PM, "Dennis Bradford dbrford43@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:
Rick are you a member or past member over at the Diesel Page?  I have owned a D Max Jayco Seneca for several years and love it.  I really like that new rig of yours and hope it serves you well.  If you are who I think you are I rode with you through the woods at the first rendezvous

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 13811
Congrats. Beautiful MH with serious power. I hope that it will serve you well for many years.

Once my wife and I do decide to sell our Seneca toy hauler, I would like to find something with about twice the torque of the Duramax.

Frank Bock

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 13812
I like it.  I just could not find a haul mark or renegade with bunks.  I settled for a Jayco Embark TB390  on the market M106  chassis.  I am not sure what to do with the 8,000 pounds I have under GVWR?  I wonder how that bigger chassis rides?  Mine is pretty sweet after the new shocks were installed.  And 20,000# of town capacity is adequate for me.  With my current trailer etc. I am 20,000 under GCWR! I miss the over cab bunk, but the bunk beds for the kids was mandatory.
I looked really seriously at the bigger chassis, Cascadia etc. But felt I was giving up too much of the coach for cab.
Awesome stuff.  See you on the road.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Rick Phillips phillipsrl@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 2:01 PMSubject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] New member - Renegade Explorer
Attached are some pix. This MH is solid.  Current weight is about 34,000 lbs with a max of about 55,000 lbs.  Each rear axle supports 20K and the front axle handles 15K.  It's a little slow leaving the traffic light, but at about 15 mph it starts skipping a gear or two and moves along.I would have liked to get the Cascadia chassis but it was too much $$$ and about a foot longer than the M112.  My garage just barely takes the M112 with about three inches to spare front to back.  First time I put it

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 13813
Rick,

about your coach moving forward while parked in your shed.

letting out or losing the air in your rear suspension (air bags) shouldn't allow the coach to move forward or backwards.

could you be losing air from the brakes?

don

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 13814
Don,

Thanks for your interest.

When I shut down the vehicle I apply the parking brakes. Shouldn't that take all the air out of the brake lines thereby engaging the brakes? I wouldn't think there would be air to leak.

The movement is only an inch or so and with only three inches to spare, front to back, it makes a difference.

Rick

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 13816

Maybe the building is moving?
VVB

Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:27 AM
Subject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer

Don,

Thanks for your interest.

When I shut down the vehicle I apply the parking brakes.  Shouldn't that take all the air out of the brake lines thereby engaging the brakes?  I wouldn't think there would be air to leak.

The movement is only an inch or so and with only three inches to spare, front to back, it makes a difference.

Rick

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 13817
The garage is built on a monolithic concrete slab with no signs of movement so I'm inclined to think   it's the MH is moving.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Victor Burns vburns1@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:03 PMSubject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer
Don, Thanks for your interest. When I shut down the vehicle I apply the parking brakes.  Shouldn't that take all the air out of the brake lines thereby engaging the brakes?  I wouldn't think there would be air to leak. The movement is only an inch or so and with only three inches to spare, front to back, it makes a difference. Rick

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 13818
....and I was just being a smart ass.
~

Victor Burns KI6IM Embark TB390 Bunkhouse From:"Richard Phillips phillipsrl@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:55 PMSubject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer
The garage is built on a monolithic concrete slab with no signs of movement so I'm inclined to think  it's the MH is moving.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Victor Burns vburns1@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:03 PMSubject:[SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer
Don, Thanks for your interest. When I shut down the vehicle I apply the parking brakes.  Shouldn't that take all the air out of the brake lines thereby engaging the brakes?  I wouldn't think there would be air to leak. The movement is only an inch or so and with only three inches to spare, front to back, it makes a difference. Rick

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 13819
Perhaps we had an earthquake and I didn't realize it...it could happen although not likely in GA.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Victor Burns vburns1@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 7:18 PMSubject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer
....and I was just being a smart ass.
~

Victor Burns KI6IM Embark TB390 Bunkhouse From:"Richard Phillips phillipsrl@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 2:55 PMSubject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] Re: New member - Renegade Explorer
The garage is built on a monolithic concrete slab with no signs of movement so I'm inclined to think  it's the MH is moving.

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 13820
I hope not.  We are driving back north through GA this weekend.  Don

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 13823
Have a safe trip and we'll be here waiting for the lunch.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Don Leslie grandriver125@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 22:30Subject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] New member - Renegade Explorer
At the park

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 13824
Travel safe and leave all the cold air up there.:)------From: "Gary Myers funmover2006@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  Date:12/02/2014  23:05  (GMT-05:00) To: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [SuperCrvgroup] New member - Renegade Explorer
Have a safe trip and we'll be here waiting for the lunch.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android From:"Don Leslie grandriver125@... [SuperCrvgroup]" Date:Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 22:30Subject:Re: [SuperCrvgroup] New member - Renegade Explorer
At the park