Skip to main content
Topic: GulfStream Endura Solar Install (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic

GulfStream Endura Solar Install

Yahoo Message Number: 15990
Hey Folks,

Looking for some advice.

I have a 2006 GS Endura 6340, and I am getting ready to install (2) 100 watt solar panels on the roof. So my big question is where to run the wires from the roof down to the batteries in as short as run as possible. On my coach the batteries are under the living room slide on the driver side. So I am going to put the charge controller and what not in the storage bay next to the battery bay.

Ideally, I wanted to run it down the outside wall but there is a big piece of box metal that makes the roof edge but that is tough because I cant drill up from the bottom to make sure it is the right spot and I don't know how much other stuff is in that wall, insulation and what not.

So then I thought about the interior shower wall that the coach's control panel already sits, but that was nixed when I found the AC duct is directly over that wall.

There is the Holding tank vent but that is a good 8-10 feet longer run and would still need to fish it across either the storage boxes or under the bathroom. That is a lot of extra #4awg wire

Does anyone have any pictures of dropping the wire down to the battery bay. Or anyone have any insight to where the cross supports are in the walls, if any? I would hate to drill a hole in the roof only to get stuck by a cross member in a wall that I cant get to.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: GulfStream Endura Solar Install

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15991
I would run the wires down by fridge. Then towards area behind circuit breaker box. Converter is in this area. Use same hole cut for all wires that go to battery box. There is a blank compartment door on passenger side of motorhome. Batteries are directly on other side of this on drivers side. I made brackets and added 2 more batteries in this open area after cutting away spray foam and brackets. Made brackets to hold doors closed.
Best
Ron Hall