Skip to main content
Topic: Radiator overflow tank sensor. (Read 463 times) previous topic - next topic

Radiator overflow tank sensor.

Yahoo Message Number: 16011
Found out that the lines on side of tank are for cold. I changed antifreeze last fall. Filled the tank to lower line on tank without reading the messages. Thinking they were the same as a car. NOT. The upper line is full cold. I got the low coolant light during our winter trip. When light is on and motorhome gets below 5 mph. Engine will shut off and not restart until problem is fixed. I added about 3/4 gallon of distilled water to cure problem.
Pays to read the messages.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Radiator overflow tank sensor.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16012
Nice report Ron …  interesting those trans missions are a computer in themselves.   Mine started downshifting from 5th to 2nd while in exhaust brake mode. Really jerked MH. Turned out to be a loose battery cable. The control system was getting intermittent power.Have fun Larry  From: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com] Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 5:16 AMTo: SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.comSubject: [SuperCrvgroup] Radiator overflow tank sensor.    Found out that the lines on side of tank are for cold. I changed antifreeze last fall. Filled the tank to lower line on tank without reading the messages. Thinking they were the same as a car. NOT. The upper line is full cold. I got the low coolant light during our winter trip. When light is on and motorhome gets below 5 mph. Engine will shut off and not restart until problem is fixed. I added about 3/4 gallon of distilled water to cure problem.Pays to read the messages.BestRon Hall  

Re: Radiator overflow tank sensor.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16013

I've seen two other people that had trany issues on another forum and both were related to loose/corroded connections.