Skip to main content
Topic: Switching between input signals on TV (Read 457 times) previous topic - next topic

Switching between input signals on TV

Yahoo Message Number: 10525
We have had our 06 Seneca for aprox. 10 days now. It has been interesting finding the different components and how they function. some have been frustrating but most are pretty straightforward.
The one that has me stumped is getting the signal from the roof top antenna to the 2 tvs. Is there a switch somewhere that sends the signal from the roof antenna, cable, satellite. I have no signal from the roof ant. Since I have no cable or satellite I can't tell if I will get a signal from them.

Re: Switching between input signals on TV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10526
You should have a small push button switch on the plate where the main TV cable attaches. Usually in the cabinet where the TV or DVD player is located. When using the roof antenna you need to push the switch to activate the booster. A small light will come on showing its on.

I have to use a spatula to reach in to push mine because my are won't reach into the skinny spot. Nice planning.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10527
Which model is yours?
On the 36ms, looking at the front TV you will see 2 vertical black panels(cloth) with Velcro, on the bottom there is a loop you can pull it out, pull the panel on the right of the TV and you will find the plate and the buster button.
Like Greg said, "nice planning"
Mo

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Greg Gimlick
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 3:11 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Switching between input signals on TV

You should have a small push button switch on the plate where the main TV cable attaches. Usually in the cabinet where the TV or DVD player is located. When using the roof antenna you need to push the switch to activate the booster. A small light will come on showing its on.

I have to use a spatula to reach in to push mine because my are won't reach into the skinny spot. Nice planning.

Take care,

Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 10529
I also have a '06 Seneca. As Greg stated the Winegard bat wing antenna has a power boster switch, and if the LED light on the boster switch is not illuminated you will not get reception. Our '06 has a large bed across the cab and the TV is mounted off to the side. To get access to the switch you have to actually pull out the DVD player to see the switch (mounted in back of DVD player) or access it with a spatula as Greg described. Once the DVD player is partially out (someone holds the cables) you push the button on the switch plate and the LED light should come on. This provides power boost from the bat wing antenna
The light on the switch plate has to be "off" when plugged into cable
mode. I don't know what Jayco was thinking when they mounted the
switch where they did.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10537
Thanks for the suggestions. The booster button was the first thing I had done but I am afraid I have no signal. My neighbor at the park gets close to 20 stations. May have to climb up on the roof to ensure coax connection is good. hate doing that, as I have poor balance.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 10547
Russ, I often got the feeling Jayco doesn't think. It drove me nuts trying to get my hand in to activate and deactivate the power antenna button. Should have realized a spatula would be much easier.

Don