Skip to main content
Topic: Trying to decipher paint codes on 2008 Seneca 34SS (Read 1085 times) previous topic - next topic

Trying to decipher paint codes on 2008 Seneca 34SS

Yahoo Message Number: 15417
I have a 2008 Seneca with the Dark Chestnut Premium paint and I need to do a few small body repairs. I have looked on line and have been to the local auto paint supply stores and called the dealer with the paint codes from the door and they all say they can't find those code numbers.
The door sticker says: Sikkens, Brown 308F1, Black 352H1, Silver 352C3, Tan 55, Topeka Graphics.
I know the paint store can match the color if I bring in a sample but the color I need isn't on any small easily removed body part. Any ideas on how to match the paint?
Bob

Re: Trying to decipher paint codes on 2008 Seneca 34SS

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 15418

Take your Seneca to the paint store, they should be able to bring the color gun outside. At least, NAPA can

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding Carlyle, Illinois

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:10 PM, "Robert Kirsten rgkirsten9707@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15419
Others have had the same problem. One person I know did the color at local auto paint store.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15420

Not sure what TOPEKA GRAPHICS used, but the other company that also painted used SHERWIN-WILLIAMS auto finishes. I'd take the numbers to them, DUPONT or MARTIN-SEYMOUR.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15421
Bob,
Fwd:

I've done some research on the Touch Up paint issue and found the following-

FormulaExpress.com for those with Sherwin Williams Paint http://sw.formulaexpress.com/
If you have codes your lucky. This site MAY help in researching unknown codes or color names.

PaintScratch.comhttp://www.paintscratch.com/paint-colors.html They have a data base of paint colors and can match back by vehicle model.
***They also sell touch up sized bottles, rattle cans of paint.***

Paintref.comhttp://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml A look up site for paint codes/colors. This site will tell you what manufacturer used the paint code on what vehicle.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/ Sells touch up paint by Manufacturer and model.

Hope this helps anyone searching for paint...

I hope this helps!

Jay Hitaffer

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 15422

Just searched SIKKENS (Akzo Nobel)is the paint manuf which is carried by O'Reilly Auto Parts Contact them to see who sells paint in your area.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 15423

Thanks for the quick response.
I found a Sikkens auto paint dealer about 50 miles away. I'll call them in the morning to see if the paint codes I have are on their chart. If not, I'll take the Seneca to the local paint shop and have them use their color gun to match the paint.
Bob

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15424
I recently tried the same thing. Took paint codes to Sherwin Williams auto paint store and they said it meant nothing to them not their codes? Would be interested if you find out same model and year for me

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 15435
This morning I called the Sikkens auto paint dealer that is 50 miles away and they said all of the paint codes that were on my door sticker were current and he could supply the paint. Drove there and picked up the paint I needed. I could have used other brands of paint if I wanted to save a few dollars but it was a small difference so I stuck with Sikkens. He said the local dealers in my town could have got the cross reference codes to other brands if they had called their distributers because they have more comprehensive cross reference charts than the paint stores. Hope that helps anyone trying to match paint.
Bob

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 15437
Gee, George Peppard (Hannibal Smith) passed away in 1994. I thought you only collected "Grumpy" T-shirts and not A-Team shirts. :)

Don

ps. For those who don't know Dave, I think his Grumpy t-shirt inventory is now around 70. Of course he has a Grumpy watch, a Grumpy tie and ....... what else Dave?