Skip to main content
Topic: 2009 Seneca inverter (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

2009 Seneca inverter

Yahoo Message Number: 7221
Just started on our big trip and so far everything has gone great. Did see a small car hit a deer and was glad it wasn't us. Absolutely love my MoHo. Don't think it is only cuz I went from 9.5' to 35' but that may be part. Lol. But we do have a question. All the paperwork says we have an inverter. Where would it be located and should we have a hot outlet from it somewhere? Thanks.
Gail and Dave
2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Headed to Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park
Tomorrow - West Yellowstone

Re: 2009 Seneca inverter

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7222
My inverter is under the closet in the bedroom. You can get to it by pulling out a drawer. BTW I unplugged mine and put a small surge protector on it. My '07 only powers the entertainment area outlet.

George

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7224
If your 09 is like our 08 the inverter is mounted to the bottom of the floor in the 2nd compartment back on the drivers side. There should be a black switch in the Command Center next to the fridge marked ZANTREX and that is the on/off for the inverter. When that is on you should have power to the front and rear TV's as well as the micro. You can leave it on all the time and those outlets (TV's & Micro) will automatically switch to inverter when you disconnect shore power. Doing that however could cause you to run your batteries down if you forget to turn it off for an extended period. There is also a battery saver mode but then it takes a minute to come on after the shore power is disconnected.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing.

Dave Sparke

---

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 7225
Mine is in the same place, but I think i have an access panel below the bedroom tv. Good idea on the inverter.

Paul

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2009 Seneca inverter

My inverter is under the closet in the bedroom. You can get to it by pulling out a drawer. BTW I unplugged mine and put a small surge protector on it. My '07 only powers the entertainment area outlet.

George

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 7226
They upgraded from a 400 watt to an 1800 watt in late 08. That is the reason it is in the basement since it is closer to the 4 batteries which are right next to the entry door, at least on the 35 GS

Dave Sparke

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 7227
You guys are the best. I knew I could count on you. Found the control panel. Found the Inverter. My inverter may just be the 400 watt (okay, just saw it was there, didn't look to see the size) as it is under the drawer. It would have been nice to have known some of these things when we bought the coach but I think we knew as much as the person that did our walk through and we don't know anything. Thanks again for being there for us beginners.

And Dave is much more comfortable driving today than he was the first day of the trip. It took a couple days for him to get his sea legs with this much weight behind him. But we came up and down the Continental Divide with no problems. Love the exhaust brake. Down shifted, put that on, fell in line behind the truckers and down we came, never hitting the brakes. Was sorta fun when he pulled through McDonalds this morning and dropped me off then went next door to get fuel. It was a very small parking lot. Everyone in the whole place turned to watch to see if he was going to make it. Yup, no problem, even with the Jeep on behind.

Gail and Dave
2009 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS
2011 Jeep Wrangler
At Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park
Tomorrow - West Yellowstone

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, June 26, 2011 3:30:40 PM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] 2009 Seneca inverter

They upgraded from a 400 watt to an 1800 watt in late 08. That is the reason it is in the basement since it is closer to the 4 batteries which are right next to the entry door, at least on the 35 GS

Dave Sparke

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 7228
If the inverter is about 12"X18" and is yellow it should be the 1800. But the real way to tell is if you turn the switch on does it power the microwave as well as the TV's if it does it is 1800, if only the TV's probably 400.

Dave Sparke

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 7229
Forgot to add that the converter is under that drawer in my 08..So you may be looking at that. The transfer switch for the gen is behind the louvered panel next to it. They change things on a regular basis, According to the specs for an 09 you should have the 1800 watt inverter.

Dave Sparke