Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Gulfstream Conquest Super C (on Chevy Kodiak gas) 6341 (Read 536 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Gulfstream Conquest Super C (on Chevy Kodiak gas) 6341

Yahoo Message Number: 4220
Hi,
I'm new to this forum.
Am looking for gut honest feedback on this unit, things I should look for to fix, as I will be new owner at end of month.
Hold nothing back.
Thanks,

Re: 2008 Gulfstream Conquest Super C (on Chevy Kodiak gas) 6341

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4221
Welcome to Kodiak Chassis Class C MH's.
I have a 2004 GS Endura 6340. It has had problems. But none that I couldn't repair myself. GS has been making the 6340 line of MH's since 2004. When I inspected a 2007 model 6340 all the items that I had problems with had been addressed on the model year.
Including.
Floor over rear axle support.
Rear slide rollers support.
Covering electrical wire and circuit breakers in under chassis access.
Water leak around front vent. Not installed properly.
Upgraded chassis weight and tires.
Suspension improvements.
Beyond those items we are very happy with our MH. Power wise I cannot help you because ours is a diesel. I would believe that gas model would work very well also.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4222
Hey Ron, When you say floor over rear axle support what was the problem you had there? I noticed that I could feel a screw or rivet or something popping up under the linoleum right about that area inbetween the toilet and shower. I haven't crawled under to investigate yet.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4225
The 2004-5 models did not have any support for the floor above the frame at rear axle. This allowed floor sag in the bathroom area. Owners could see a gap between floor wall. Later models have a frame to support floor across top of frame in this area. I built a 1" square tubing frame similar to the one GS installed. Have not had a problem with floor sag.
Best
Ron Hall