Skip to main content
Topic: Handling upgrades (Read 451 times) previous topic - next topic

Handling upgrades

Yahoo Message Number: 4216
So I did some searching around on this before I made this post. Apparently, I can upgrade my 15k springs to 19k springs or install smart springs. Konis are spoken well of. Steering stabalizers and stabilizer bars. Anyone have any strong opinions on the "hot setup" for a 34ss? Any chance with me being the 3rd owner of Jayco ponying up the 19k springs? I am going to be towing a 4500lb trailer.

Re: Handling upgrades

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4217
Fred . . . I just upgraded the leaf springs on my '07 Senica 35'. The rear leaf springs (TXL 221) were $435 for two (incl shipping & tax), another $150 for new "U" bolts and other hardware, and $375 for labor. You can get springs cheaper, but these were recommended over some from China. They raised the rear of the motorhome about 2" despite loaded with water and diesel.

These springs are used by Disney on their extended frame Kodiaks, running around Animal Kingdom all day hauling tourists on the Mt. Kilimanjaro ride. The springs were listed as 1500 lb each, but when added to the existing leaves, apparently raised the capacity another 3800 lbs.

George