Skip to main content
Topic: Norcold door question (Read 616 times) previous topic - next topic

Norcold door question

Yahoo Message Number: 4855
I have been following the Norcold saga with interest. We have not yet had a problem, but do frequently drive on rough roads, usually boondock pretty far away from any services and often have the fridge pretty full. Not using the door for fod storage would be an irritation and having the door fall off would (will?) be a major pain.

I was wondering if I should consider removing those wood panels and just leaving them off to reduce risk of a problem? Has anyone done this? Does the door really look like crap without the panel? I have no real need for a wood door on the fridge.

Any thoughts, photos or other ideas?

Norcold door

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4898
Norcold will not replace sine I do not have a maint record although under warranty. Dane

Re: Norcold door

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4899
Is your unit under 2 years old? If so you don't need the maint record, that is only to get the 3rd year. There is also a JAYCO dealer in the same area as Hamburg, Buffalo RV.

1200 Southwestern Boulevard | West Seneca, NY 14224 | Ph: 716-652-4500       

Dave Sparke

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4901
If Dane's unit is less than 2 years old they sure should be replacing it no charge. If it is over and he didn't get the inspection (I didn't either but mine was over 3 years) then he will have to pay for a new door. If that is the case hopefully it can be done at a reasonable cost - mine was $125.

Don

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4907
Don. I did get the inspection time before at jayco. Still working the issue. Hope will be the right outcome. The falls at niagra are absolutely fantastic. Boat ride was great. Keep u informed on door progress. Txs each of you for all the help. Dane

Norcold door

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4914
Guys. Finally got to the top of the food chain at norcold today and new door on day to Maine at the camp where we will be staying. We are. Presentlly on shores of lake Ontario on our way to moors. New york. Having a ball. Don and family txs for the greetings. Ron what a difference w/ water valve. Dane & bet

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4918
Glad things worked out on the door. The area you are heading to is absolutely gorgeous, and lots to see. Have an extra lobster for us while your there!

Dave & Linda

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 4919
You are welcome Dane. We thoroughly enjoyed the group and look forward to the next Kodiak Group Rally. Glad you got the door worked out. Will Norcold be paying for it? I hope so.

Don