Skip to main content
Topic: Water-Leak - Everyone Should Check (Read 394 times) previous topic - next topic

Water-Leak - Everyone Should Check

Yahoo Message Number: 9852
Have had an 06 GS 6340 for several months now (had barely 12K miles on it when we bought it) - couple of short shake-down trips, and one long one of nearly 5K miles. Happy with it so far - even tho' it's a gasser (REALLY like that Allison). During my obsessive-compulsive "bonding" period (my wife calls it) - while inspecting joints-and-seams-and-seals, I discovered some water damage between the outside refer vent and the heater. Fixed that. Also the floor under the heater. Temporary fix on that one. GS didn't put any sort of sealant around the refer vent...fixed that too. While dealing with the floor issue, I also found where water gets in between the water-heater assembly and the outside flange - more extensive floor problems. Previous owner / maintainer had put a finger-swipe of clear silicone on the area, but there was a visible gap. Fixed that. However I'm now left with a pretty substantial floor-fixing issue this winter (after a two-month working trip out west). Just a warning to others - you might want to check these leak-prone areas on your rig - especially the water-heater, which is easy to miss.