Skip to main content
Topic: Water lines block flow? (Read 693 times) previous topic - next topic

Water lines block flow?

Yahoo Message Number: 12420
We have a 2009 Seneca MS. We really like it after having owned 3 class A's previously. (Goodbye Freightliner.)

We live close to Dallas and usually have pretty temperate winters. It is unusual to get below 20. Well, until this year.

To winterize the unit, I open all the faucets, the utility shower, and ice maker line, then open the 4 drain cocks located in the utility bay. This has worked fine for 3 years, no problem.

Now, getting ready to drive to FL tomorrow. Closed all the faucets, filled the fresh water tank, and left garden hose hooked up to test/pressurize the system. We have 50-60 psi water pressure at the faucet.

With either the hose attached or using the water pump, I can only get dribbles at the kitchen sink and the rear bath sink. The mid-1/2 bath and the shower have full pressure and flow, both hot and cold.

It has been pretty cold at night for the last week, plus the unit sits in a shelter in the shade, so I decided there must be some ice somewhere in the system. I opened the cabinet doors and ran the furnace all night, set to 68 degrees. 24 hours later, at above freezing (62 right now), has made no difference. Still only dribbles at those two faucets.

One weird thing is that both hot and cold faucets at the two sinks in question exhibit the dribble behavior. Seems unlikely that both hot and cold lines would exhibit the same behavior at the same location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Water lines block flow?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 12421
Check that the one way check valve at the water intake isn't stuck.
You're sure you have the water manifold settings correct for supply from
city water?

Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12422
Manifold settings are correct. Maybe there are two check valves?

Seems odd, because the shower that works is right beside the rear sink that does not. I'd think they would both be on the same supply line.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12423
Are you able to let the water "dribble" for a while. If you have any ice it will eventually melt and the flow should resume.

Dave

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12424
On the end of each faucet is a strainer, unscrew them and clean the junk out of them.
Denny

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12425
Attachments :

I have had a similar issue with the shower. Ended up being a clogged sprayer. Have you removed the flow restrictor from the faucet and cleaned it out?
    Greg
    MN

Reply #6
    Yahoo Message Number: 12426
    Hey there Retiredminiguy,
    This is off topic, but I'm not sure how else to contact you!
    I also see from your post that you're traveling, so you may not have time to connect...but I'd love your advice.

I'm looking at going with a Seneca 36FS or going with a Holiday Rambler Navigator 43 class A.
    I noticed you were glad to go from the Class A to the Seneca, and just curious if you would share more on that. So aside from the floor plans and things, I'm really just looking for your positive experience moving to a SuperC from an A.
    I had a Gulfstream SuperC that we sold last year, and we're looking at what to get next.

Feel free to email me directly at chester dot hull at gmail dot com.

Thanks for anything you'd like to share! (and sorry again for hijacking this thread!)
    Chester

Reply #7
    Yahoo Message Number: 12427
    Duh. Yes, it was the aerator on those faucet outlets. Bunch of junk grew in there over the last couple of months.

I am soaking both in vinegar as I type.

Thanks all.
    Chester, PM sent. Super C is the only way to go for us. I love that 23' mega-slide and the outdoor TV. Great for going to NASCAR