Skip to main content
Topic: Outdoor Refrigerator (Read 712 times) previous topic - next topic

Outdoor Refrigerator

Yahoo Message Number: 13610
Any of your guys have one of these big Dometic refrigerators mounted in your outside cabinets?

Dometic CoolFreeze Portable Refrigerator Freezer CF-110AC110
I just ordered one from adventurerv.net I see Doetic has a sliding mount for it too Portable Refrigerator Tray Norcold 660

How is your mounted? Photos? Anyone with a TB390 have it installed from Jayco? The mount above is the wring way for the other refrigerator so I am confused.

It will be nice for my wife to keep her beer cold on the outside of the coach. ;-)

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

Re: Outdoor Refrigerator

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13611
I do not have one but have a friend with a big Tiffin coach. It is very nice and definitely will keep your wifes beer cold. The only complaint is that the slide  does not extend passed the slideout above it.. I am sure there is a fix

Doug

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13612
I know that they don't make things like they use to, but we have the NORCOLD that we bought in 1979 and it's still going strong, both on 110 and 12 volt. We've used it more as a freezer than fridge. We have it inside and I made a 4 wheel platform with locking wheels (2 swivel and 2 non swivel) that we roll it around on. Rides nicely in front of the vanity.

Dave

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13613
This is what your friends needed to do on his install. Its a double set of retractables so you get out past the slide in this in the other Embark not the TB version which has no slide above this compartment.

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13615
we have one on the back wall of the shop that came out of our haulmark.

i put in a residential last year giving us more space in the fridge up top.

giving us more available space below for mostly the stuff i'll never use.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13617
Pin ItPortable Ice MakerThe Dometic Portable Ice Maker is the perfect appliance for entertaining and fun. At home or on the go, take your cold with you!Make up to 33 lbs. of fresh, clean ice every 24-hours. The first batch is yours in under 15-minutes.The ice maker has an energy saving clear window in the lid which lets you check the ice level without losing cold. A simple ice cube size selection makes you chose from small, medium or large cubes. Stainless steel finish with black lid.·        Makes ice in under 15 minutes·       
Large 2.5 lbs. capacity in removable basket·       
Easy to use front LED display·       
Stainless steel finish 6-foot power cord·       
UL approved·       
Strong recessed handles·       
1-year Protection Plus Warranty 

I stored this ice maker in the cargo hole. Everything worked fine for 6 months then it quit working. It was a tiny bit low on Freon and my buddy couldn’t get it charged correctly. So I bought another one, this time I store it inside cushioned. It’s been another 6 months so far so good.  My question is the cargo area to bumpy / bouncy for a refer unit? Maybe I just got a bad ice maker   

Thanks Larry 

Outdoor Refrigerator

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13651
I purchased a Dometic outdoor refrigerator CF-80AC model. Its the same I suspect as the one that could have been ordered from Jayco new on the coach? Or maybe they used the bigger model (110) but that one seemed too tall to fit the desired bay where Jayco would have installed it - the bay has a tilted roof while the others are flat. I also picked the smaller one as it seemed that the added weight plus more storage may be a bit much for the cargo bay? But I climbed into the bay 6'2" 260# and its was OK with me in there LOL!

Anyway I am looking to install it with the heavy duty rollers like other installs - Anyone done this? I have found some heavy duty slides etc. Did you do any other bracing OR if yours was factory installed maybe you can describe how they did it? I will so pleased to have this for longer trips and/or just to store all the drinks and limit the in/out factor of the coach.

What about getting 12 Volts under there? This things draws 60 watts or about 5 amps when running on DC 12 Volts. It seems like Jayco pre-wired two wires in the adjacent bay? I need to double check if they are live or not. The bummer is the 110V outlet in the bay I want to use is not connected to the inverter which would just make my life really simple.

Mine has the outdoor entertainment built into the side of the RV and not in the below cargo bay...

BTW AdventureRV had these for a good price - i think $760 or so. Bargain!

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |