Skip to main content
Topic: Water Intake Issue: Jayco Seneca... (Read 600 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Intake Issue: Jayco Seneca...

Yahoo Message Number: 15100

This is a simple idea, and I am amazed how long it took me to stumble upon it. Probably some have you have already done this. [If so don't rub it in. ;-)  ]

The issue is the intake water connection.

On my Jayco - the water intake socket points at the door. The good news is it is at an angle, but the bad news is that the trajectory points at the door. If you shut that door it can:

• put pressure on the hose, and that can lead to a kink, or
  • put enough pressure to cause a drip at the intake.

Not good for the hose, and not good on a drip either.

So what I did was take the flexible Hose protector from a water filter replacement and put it on the water intake valve:
Water Protector on Jayco

I am loving this for a few reasons. First the hose does not kink when I close the door. Second the big plastic ring allows me to hand tighten the hose for a sure no drip connection. I can change hose lengths without messing with the Jayco water connection directly.

If you are not familiar with these protectors you can get them easy - packaged with the standard water filters:
Water filter connection kit

Kind of kicking myself for how long I lived with this issue without coming up with this simple solution.

Best

Kevin (Real) McCoy [@KF5FUZ]
("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006;
"Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Re: Water Intake Issue: Jayco Seneca... [2 Attachments]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15103
Thanks Kevin great idea and photo

---- "'Kevin (Real) McCoy'  [SuperCrvgroup]" SuperCrvgroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Re: Water Intake Issue: Jayco Seneca...

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15104
I put a 90 degree brass turn on our water intake and a 3 foot piece of hose that hangs out of compartment below the door. It has a cap on it, so system is always protected from dirt. Also

did the same with the cable connection and a very small hole drilled into the front of the compartment. I sealed the coax in with Goop. Anyway, two ways to make quick "traveling night" campground hook ups, easier.

Smooth Sailing,

Ric Golding
Seneca 37FS "Low Key"

Carlyle, Illinois

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:08 PM, "bristau1@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: