Skip to main content
Topic: Water heater (Read 543 times) previous topic - next topic

Water heater

Yahoo Message Number: 3172
This is not a Kodiak problem but i do need some input. We live in Osoyoos B.C. in a 5er and travel in winter in the Seneca. I changed over from eltc. to gas to heat the water tank on Friday and Sunday night I could hear water running and the spout where the relief valve is water was pouring out, not from where the valve is but out the spout. Any ideas as to what may be wrong keeping in mind the show Worlds worst handyman was based on me...Thanks in advance.

John

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

Re: Water heater

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3173

For clarification, the water is coming out of the pressure relief tube, but only when using the propane and not the electric? Is this a correct summary?

Roger

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3174
The water comes out all the time now...I have bypased the hot water tank so we have water in the r.v.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, October 20, 2009 10:18:51 AM
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Water heater

For clarification, the water is coming out of the pressure relief tube, but only when using the propane and not the electric? Is this a correct summary?

Roger

In a message dated 10/20/2009 12:22:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, xgrunt01@yahoo. ca writes:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3175

We are still unclear from where the water is coming... is it the pressure relief valve? and is it coming out of the spigot part of the valve, or from the threads, or from another source? If the valve is leaking out of the spigot, then open and close the valve handle a few times and see if it quits. Sometime calcium builds up in the valve and it "sticks." Or maybe the valve handle is in the open position.