Skip to main content
Topic: At last, our new toad is scheduled for production (Read 560 times) previous topic - next topic

At last, our new toad is scheduled for production

Yahoo Message Number: 12038
We ordered the new Jeep Cherokee Limited on Aug 1 and today we finally received notice that it is now scheduled for production with delivery some time after Nov 9.

The 9 speed ZF transmission has a "learn feature" (like the Allison) and that has caused a delay because they couldn't seem to get it programmed to work they way they expected.

We were hoping for much earlier delivery and had arranged with Blue Ox to take it to Pender NE and have the baseplates designed and installed (no charge of course plus you get a new tow bar). Looks like that isn't going to fly for us now since my son will take delivery for us when we are in Florida.

Nice feeling to know that I now will be able to put the transfer case in neutral, transmission in park, and tow without the nonsense of running the engine first, running the transmission through the gears with my foot on the brake - and doing this at specified intervals.

Don

Re: At last, our new toad is scheduled for production

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12040
Incorrect. You can't flat tow the Compass or the Patriot.

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12048
I have a 2000 wrangler that's simple, but not an automatic

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 12049
The automatic Wrangler can be towed easily as well.

We looked at the Wranglers but DW was not interested. She didn't even want a Grand Caravan - too big she claims.

I previously towed a Tahoe and a Colorado. Both with transfer cases that had a neutral. The Escape was a royal PITA in comparison.

Will be glad to be back to a transfer case again.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 12050
Make that Grand Cherokee not Grand Caravan. I have a Chrysler T&C and it is not towable - but being FWD can go on a dolly.

Don