Skip to main content
Topic: BUMP STOPS (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

BUMP STOPS

Yahoo Message Number: 1770

Hummm...Bump Stops... before Robert Henderson emailed me concerning the distance between my bump stops and "whatever they call the thing it bumps against," I never considered crawling under the coach and looking at a "bump stop."

Turns out they must be pretty important, or Mr. Henderson wouldn't be asking about them. Anyway, I crawled under my coach today and measured, or should I say, "tried" to measure the bump stops. The front was ok.... both sides were pretty equal and about 2"-3" from the stop. The curbside rear was more like an inch clearance, but the streetside rear (my heavy corner) was almost against the stop. In fact, if the air bag was not there, it would probably be resting on the stop...with the coach almost empty... so, I guess this is another "must do" before buying your next coach... check the "bumps stops," 'cause if you don't, your teeth WILL rattle going down the highway!!

Denny

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.

Re: BUMP STOPS

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1772
Part of the suspension upgrade kit that I bought for my Kodiak was
longer Bump Stops for rear axle. They were of a softer material than
the original stops. They made a difference in handling and did not
cause a rougher ride. They almost touch the stop when MH is loaded. I
would be concerned if they were not of equal distance to axle though.

Re: BUMP STOPS

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1774
Yes I did. The air bag took up about 3/8" of the original clearance.
When I air up the bags clearance is about 1/4".