Skip to main content
Topic: MOR/Ryde rubber suspension (Read 695 times) previous topic - next topic

MOR/Ryde rubber suspension

Yahoo Message Number: 1779
Has anyone put these on a Kodiak? Or are they available for the Kodiak? (can't recall seeing anything here on it)

I may call Mor/Ryde tomorrow and ask if they have them for the Kodiak and how much, as our Greyhawk may go to MR to have the drive train checked.

If these aren't too expensive I might see if I can have them put on at the end of October when we are near Elkhart.

http://www.morryde.com/php/products/suspensions/motorhomes/index.php

I'd been wondering about air bags to try to take out some of the harshness on rough surfaces.

This rubbber suspension would should be a lot cheaper.

Don

Re: MOR/Ryde rubber suspension

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1780
, "grandriver125@..."
wrote:
Has anyone put these on a Kodiak? Or are they available for the
Kodiak?

Don,

When we began looking at Kodiak based rigs I asked Mor/Ryde if they
had one to fit that chassis. As I recall they said they did (rear
only) however it would depend on the individual MH manufacturer (i.e.
did they install anything that would be in the way?). We've had 2
motorhomes with rubber suspensions (Mor/Ryde and Torsilastic) in the
past and the ride was great in them both.

Bill

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 1781
Thanks Bill. Since MOR/ryde did the wheelbase stretch I hope they didn't put anything in the way.

Nice to see you liked it in your earlier MHs. I was thinking that our first Class A gasser had air bags (MOR/Ryde if I recall) and the ride was much less rough than the Kodiak.

Don

On 29-Sep-08, at 8:55 PM, berfle624 wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1783
Just heard back from MOR/ryde. The rubber springs for the rear are "only" $995 plus 6 hours installation. Think I'll take a pass on these.

Don

On 29-Sep-08, at 8:55 PM, berfle624 wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 1784

Too bad we don't have anyone here with first hand experience using the springs. If they made the ride smooth enough, I would consider the price to be ok, not great, but ok. The full air suspension retrofit is around 4-5K, so 1k with some of the benefits would be acceptable if the ride improves.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 1785

I know Four Winds is using them on their new 2009 Kodiak models with the 26,000# GVWR chassis's. I wonder if they would be an upgrade to the 15,000# rear axle from our 13,500# axle? I think they are using them on the front and rear axles.

Denny

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 1786
Denny, my understanding is that they are only available for the rear springs.

The MOR/ryde guy told me it requires welding.

I agree that $1500 wouldn't be too bad provide you were guaranteed that they will make a significant improvement.

Don

On 30-Sep-08, at 7:40 PM,

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 1787

That's the problem, I wouldn't want to spend a penny without some knowledge of their effect. I do know the current configuration makes it very bouncy in the rear bedroom for sleeping while in motion. Of course most of my driving has been in the Northeast, and the highways aren't the greatest here.