Skip to main content
Topic: Sold my Super C (Read 670 times) previous topic - next topic

Sold my Super C

Yahoo Message Number: 16001
Little over a week ago I put a Ad on RV Trader to sell my Gulf Stream Endura 6340. It lasted a little over 3 day before a couple from Indianapolis showed up with the money to purchase it. Hope they enjoy it as much as we have for the last 11 years.
I will still be here moderating and helping with information.
For those that are not aware. I also participate on Diesel Place, Medium Duty Truck forum and iRV2. I am the primary Moderator for Class C forum on RV.Net. Which is the Good Sam forum. Still have lots to do here at our place in MI.
If your travels bring you to Michigan. You are welcome to stop by and stay for a few days. I have 50 amp hookup, water and a dump station. Near Detroit, MI.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Sold my Super C

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16002
Wow!!! I didn't think the world would come to a point when Ron wouldn't have a Kodiak! Climate change be darned, this is serious! :-)

We sold ours last fall and are still RVless, but the decision has been made to return to towing and seriously downsize. We did buy a truck a couple weeks ago and are looking at some Winnebago Minnie trailers, Lance, Imagine, Retro, and some others. No decisions yet.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16003
Ron, I am glad to hear you are going to stay part of the group. You have been a wealth of knowledge, and I appreciate all that you have shared.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16004
Ron,
So glad you will still be around to help us all out. Also glad to hear your 6340 sold quickly. I assume that given it went so fast you got your asking $ or close. We've been contemplating selling as we don't use ours much now that we are done with agility trials for the foreseeable future.
Greg Thompson
MN
'05 Endura 6340

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16005
No doubt your view is shared by all. Ron has done a super job on this forum since 2007. Thank you Ron.

Ron, you may find you experience withdrawal symptoms. Still happening to us periodically and whether we jump back in as Greg is about to do remains to be seen.

We thought we might tow a trailer and last July I swapped my Town & Country for an Expedition Max (EL). When looking at trailers we found found so many were junk compared with our motorhomes and you really had to get an expensive unit or put up with the junk. We sold our MH back to the dealer we bought it from six years earlier and decided to call it a day. BUT from time to time we start thinking again - and that is dangerous as Greg has learned.

Don

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16006
Spot on Don! It has been a real eye opener trying to "go backwards" as some have said. We thought possibly going to a "throw away" since it's going to sit more than travel, but then we couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We keep moving up the quality/money scale as we look.

We enjoyed having two sleeping areas in the Greyhawk since I tend to snore and kick, so we look at trailers with that in mind. The trouble there is we sincerely want to stay less than 30 ft and would rather be down around 26 ft. There are some bunk models in that range, but you give up comfortable seating...something that is important as you age and get trapped inside by smoke, etc.

We have put in some inquiries about ordering a bunkhouse, but without the upper bunk. Being claustrophobic, some of those are clearly made with kids in mind, removing the upper bunk opens it up enough to feel good. We'll see if we get a positive response.

I decided to buy a F-150 and force myself not to get into looking at big 5th wheels, etc. We got a supercrew with the 3.5L ecoboost six cyl twin turbo engine, 10 spd xmsn, and max tow package. "Technically" that gives us a tow capacity of 11,900 lbs, but I plan to keep it beneath 8,000.

We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario is we don't buy anything and I have a truck that is getting the same gas mileage as my Vue :-)

Take care,
Greg

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16009
Ron,
Glad to here we are still going to be hearing from you via moderating and helping with information. No more Rving for you? WOW just doesn't seem possible to not think of you not in your motorhome tooling down the highways of the USA. Shari and I still travel to Michigan in the summer to visit the sand dunes at Mears, Mich. to camp and run our sandrail. We will try to stop by sometime and say HI.
Hope what ever your going to be doing with your free time will keeps you happy. Thanks for all you information and help over the years!

Best regards,
Larry & Shari Myers
Fort Wayne, In

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16014
I sure hope all is well with you. We never met but I followed every comment and piece of advice you provided on this site. As a newbie to the RV world your help was priceless.  My wife thought I was a genius; she said how do you know this stuff. That has to be the ultimate compliment. Good luck and may the wind always be at your back.

Doug Brothers
2005 Gulfstream Endura 6340

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 16016
Ron as others have stated and I agree your technical advice has been priceless over the years! Our 2007 Jayco Seneca 34SS goes down the road a lot smoother and brighter with a more confident driver behind the wheel due to your help postings.  So glad I found this Yahoo group back in 2011 for it has provided the best information. 

I hope we can meet up someday and looking forward to following your continued support for our Kodiaks.

Many thanks,

Bobby Ristau