Skip to main content
Topic: Hot water tank (Read 759 times) previous topic - next topic

Hot water tank

Yahoo Message Number: 3179
Thanks but as I said i am not good at reparing things..tried to remove valve and would not move, then tried to drain the tank by removing drain plug and head broke off the plug after about half a turn, so now I called the waranty people and will have to go that route as do not have the proper tools to make the problem worse (ha-ha). Again thanks for trying to set me straight.

John

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Re: Hot water tank

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 3180

That really stinks the head came off the plug....I assume the plug is plastic. Sounds as if the pressure relief valve is in need of replacement, unless it is simply stuck open. As stated previously, a few cycles of the valve should confirm if it is stuck open or not.

In a message dated 10/20/2009 5:23:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, xgrunt01@... writes:

hot water tank

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 3181
The repair man came and the valve had cracked. We had some freezing weather when we were away for thanksgiving...He replaced it and the plug was the anode as well and he had never seen break like that...anyway all fixed and have hot water. Thanks again for all the help.

John

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

Re: hot water tank

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 3182
Thanksgiving Osoyoo style is in October? Or did the freeze crack happen last year?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 3184
Thanksgiving was Oct 12 up here but when we were on the Island it go down to -7to-10 at night and apparently was enough to cause it to go.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, October 21, 2009 10:47:28 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: hot water tank

Our friends up North celebrate it in early October..even on a different day of the week, Monday..

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 3186

John did you have your Seneca on the island? Just curious as to what the ferry cost for a Seneca.
later brad