Skip to main content
Topic: Bedroom mattress size 2007 Jayco Seneca 34 SS (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Bedroom mattress size 2007 Jayco Seneca 34 SS

Yahoo Message Number: 11139
Camping World has a mattress on sale and am wanting to figure the right size to get, anyone replace theirs?
I suppose it is the Short Queen 60"X74" as it on the slide wall.

Kev

Re: Bedroom mattress size 2007 Jayco Seneca 34 SS

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11152
, Dennis Bradford  wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 11153
We replaced the OEM mattress with a sleep number bed from Camping World. We liked it so much we have one in the house now.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 11163
Interesting... there is a "short queen" sleep number bed? hmm
Thanks for the info guys, I did get ahold of Jayco this morning and the measurement they gave was 60X75 one inch longer than the short queen measurement of 60X74. works for me either way, time for a bed.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 11164

I just put one in my 05 Endura last week and boy did it make a huge difference!

Also got mine from Camping world, they had the best pricing. At over $1000 I thought long and hard about buying one but it was a worth wild purchase. The one thing you do have to do is cut the mattress platform in the RV for the air hoses to go back to the pump unit and have AC available to the pump.

My Endura had two available spots in the breaker box for additional breakers. I installed a dedicated breaker, wiring and a duplex box in the storage compartment under the bed. I drilled holes in the platform (instead of the large hole the instructions suggested) for the air hoses and
ty-wrapped everything in place so when the slide goes in and out nothing is pinched.

The whole installation, including putting the bed together took less than 4 hours.

Used it for the first time Friday and Saturday night and slept like a baby!

Oh yea, my sleep number is 80 ;-)

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 11187
I replaced our mattress with a Paramount PSR6074 Short Queen
bought from the factory a mile or two from my home in Tualatin Oregon.
They misquoted me the price and honored the deal, good for me!
I have it "airing out and fluffing up as it was rolled in a box for shipping.
It had been made that day however.
The reviews are very good and we are looking forward to our next trip out even though we got back just last week. The moho did rather well on our three week trip and has us thinking of a six month trip after I retire.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 11189
We just had the upholstery guy cut a piece of 2-3" foam topper of a density that seemed to make sense. Bed has been great ever since. Before the springs were evident in my back.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 7, 2013 7:56 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Bedroom mattress size 2007 Jayco Seneca 34 SS

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 11190
She does not like the feel of foam on the bed so that was not an option and we just wanted a new one.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 15964
I just bought the same rig and want to replace the mattress. I measure 60x72 but see you are getting a 60x74 short queen and later indicated Jayco told you a 60x75 would fit. Do you have a head board? Mine has one about an 1.25" thick I could remove and maybe get to 74" Will the mattress compress an inch or two when the slide is in?

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 15965
I put a regular queen in mine.... bought last years pillow top at sleep train for $200 and the slid compresses it up against the wardrobe just fine

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 10:05 PM, "pal1955@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote: