Skip to main content
Topic: Newbie Questions (Read 539 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie Questions

Yahoo Message Number: 11664
Bought a used 2010 Seneca 36FS two weeks ago, very pleased with the unit but I have some questions that perhaps someone in this group can answer.

1. I know that when you turn off the ignition and have your foot on the brake pedal the brake boost will operate until your foot is taken off of the pedal...my question is: should that same brake boost operate when you turn off the ignition and your foot is NOT on the brake pedal?

2. This unit has the xantrex inverter which the control panel appears to be dead....where is the inverter located (I suspect it is under the bed frame in the same area as the fuse panel) ? Also does the inverter input cables (12VDC) have a in-line fuse located somewhere ?

3. I want to touch up some scratch and mar marks on the cabinets...anyone know of a wood stain that blends well.

Thanks
Ray Hamilton

Re: Newbie Questions

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 11665
The brake boost will run for a split second when you turn off the key, at least my 08 does. The inverter on our 35GS is mounted to the bottom of the floor in a basement comparment on the drivers side that's where I would start looking.

Can't help with the stain.

Dave

sailorray1  wrote:

Bought a used 2010 Seneca 36FS two weeks ago, very pleased with the unit but I have some questions that perhaps someone in this group can answer.

1. I know that when you turn off the ignition and have your foot on the brake pedal the brake boost will operate until your foot is taken off of the pedal...my question is: should that same brake boost operate when you turn off the ignition and your foot is NOT on the brake pedal?

2. This unit has the xantrex inverter which the control panel appears to be dead....where is the inverter located (I suspect it is under the bed frame in the same area as the fuse panel) ? Also does the inverter input cables (12VDC) have a in-line fuse located somewhere ?

3. I want to touch up some scratch and mar marks on the cabinets...anyone know of a wood stain that blends well.

Thanks
Ray Hamilton

Re: Newbie Questions

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 11681
we had a 2010 seneca 36fk.

inverter was in storage compartment on the driver side. bolted to the top of the compartment and looked like it was installed by a seven year old.

while under warranty, i had jayco sent me a quart of stain because the amish craftsmen forgot to finish the back sides of the face plates that trimmed the tv's.

FOURWOODS BS06-502 PROVINCIAL GLAZE STAIN.

don