Skip to main content
Topic: Jayco Embark Thoughts (Read 806 times) previous topic - next topic

Jayco Embark Thoughts

Yahoo Message Number: 13071
More updates on the new rig. Overall I am pretty pleased with the rig. All the upgrades in furniture, lighting, full residential fixtures, full size sinks etc. are really nice to have. The FlexSteel furniture is much appreciated as is the 400% upgrade in storage. The huge wheels are welcome for rolling down the road. The double slides in the master makes for nice quarters for mom and dad.

The bunk beds are not as tall as the Dutchmen for kids: they don't care as is their windows.

The side opening storage bays below are so welcomed by me it just giggle every time I have to open one of them.

The complexity of the coach is OK, but there are lot more systems to keep up with and to break.

There designers are Jayco must have had their heads up there asses though as they just miss the mark on nearly every little detail. I will not go into each of them, but really they could, no SHOULD have done better for a $280,000 pricetag coach. Really dumb one I will tell you is the awning is all electric (110V) BUT its not connected via the inverter SO.....if you want to leave your awning out, you can really only do so if you are connected to shore power OR have the GenSet running. There are probably 20 of these type of "gems"

It really needs some new shocks. I just drove NB I-405 though Los Angeles and while the road would be bad in a S series Mercedes it was horrible in the coach - I was relegated to the right two lanes which are further beat up by the truck traffic. I shook two bikes off my bike rack.

New shocks please...but what aftermarket ones?

Dual fill diesel tanks are a bit of a pain but OK. Fuel mileage I am not sure of yet, but better than my other coach I am pretty sure. The 1100 ft#'s of torque are epic. I towed a 10,000# trailer and only knew it was there because I checked with the rear view camera.

More later. Any other Embark Owners? Please contact me if you want. I would love to learn more about the chassis etc.

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

Re: Jayco Embark Thoughts

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13072

I have the Seneca 37fs, and I believe we may share the same chassis, M2 106. I too have debated a shock upgrade. This is not because of any perceived problem, but past experience has proven the stock shocks are not the most suitable. Maybe for a truck, but usually not for a motorhome.
I contemplated an Embark, but with 4 kids and mother in tow, I needed the overhead bed, the 37fs is rated for sleeping 10, but it accommodates my pack of 7 comfortably and without breaking down the dinette.

Roger

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 13073
Victor,

What is the tow rating on the Embark? What engine is in them, HP/TQ? How long is your coach? Does is use a Freightliner chassis?

We are looking to upgrade from our 05 Endura and had a Show Hauler or Renegade in mind but all of these that are a year or two old are 40'+ in length. Want something that will tow a 30' stacker while staying legal and without going the sportdeck route.

Thanks for the info.

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA
--

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13074

39' length
GVWR 33,000
GCWR 53,000
Delivered weight 22,013
CCC 11,000 like I am ever going to get 11k# of stuff in it....
Tow Cap 20,000 #s even with 11,000#s in the coach loaded.
Cummins ISC 350hp, 1100 ft#s torque, Allison 3200, 100 gals fuel, 100 gals water, nicely refined interior.
I looked at the Berkshire which was a big A class, rated with 10k real tow cap, BUT it had a total CCC of just about 2000 #s. Really stupid set up, ISB, little trans.
There are very few coaches that are not built on the hairy edge. With my 10,000 trailer I am still 17,000#s under gross
, a nice safety margin.
I.know of a non bunk model you can get for under $100k.
Old Revolution is good tow capacity.
No bunks.

Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13075

BTW it's on a Freightliner M2 106 chassis.
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13076
Here's a good thread comparing the Jayco Embark, Dynamax and Renegade

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26193036.cfm

We'll be upgrading to something with a larger towing capacity in a year or two. The Renegade 2400 SM is about the shortest floor plan with a bedroom that I can find thus far, but I'm not impressed with the standard Renegade interiors.

Cora

'05 Endura Max Garage

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13077
Re: shocks .... I replaced my stock shocks in a 08 Jayco Seneca HD 35GS with Kona shocks all around and noted a noticable ride improvement. Much less bounce.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 13078
The Jayco Embark tooling was sold to Dynamax.   The new coach runs about $300,000 MSRP, albeit on the new 9.0l motor and built by Dynamax which may be the best built coach available.  I guess they wanted an entry level coach.
The Embark with the bunks is fantastic and I room to fill and pull a 22' stacker that I still could bot get up to 20,000 pounds.
Victor Burns KI6IM Jayco Embark TB390 Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale
Cora Jokinen corajokinen@... [KodiakChassisClassC] ;
To:
;
Subject:
Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Jayco Embark Thoughts
Sent:
Tue, Jun 24, 2014 3:25:39 PM

Here's a good thread comparing the Jayco Embark, Dynamax and Renegadehttp://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26193036.cfm We'll be upgrading to something with a larger towing capacity in a year or two. The Renegade 2400 SM is about the shortest floor plan with a bedroom that I can find thus far, but I'm not impressed with the standard Renegade interiors.
Cora '05 Endura Max Garage

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 13080
Victor,

Thanks for the info.

Reading you info and the links that other have supplied; I guess I need to go out and look at a few coaches to make up my mind.

We were at the NHRA national race in Vegas last year and the local Dynamax dealer was there with some of their lower end ($220K) units. We did not like the floor layout of any of the units he had, he had literature of other floor plans but I would like to see them before I make a decision.

It is a big investment so I want to make sure I get what I want. You only go around once!

Steven Kerns
Kutztown, PA

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 13083
There is two models TB and QX? Bunks and no bunks.

IF you are hauling a dragster you may be too long total length for some places? Like CA its 65' total length.

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

On Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:00 PM, "n3fti@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote:

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 13154
A little late ... you will learn to love truck stops or Flying J's with dual fill RV lanes.

Watch your consumption. My M2 at times pulls very unequally from the tanks though luckily in my case, the pull will be more from the DS tank which is where the sender is.

Sam

========================================================================

Dual fill diesel tanks are a bit of a pain but OK. Fuel mileage I am not sure of yet, but better than my other coach I am pretty sure. The 1100 ft#'s of torque are epic. I towed a 10,000# trailer and only knew it was there because I checked with the rear view camera.