Skip to main content
Topic: Washing your RV (Read 735 times) previous topic - next topic

Washing your RV

Yahoo Message Number: 4427
Just wanted to see if I was missing out some good products or tools that some of you professional Kodiak owners might be using for washing your RV.
I have the washing and waxing part down to being as efficent as possible I think. The part I struggle the most with is trying to dry it after the washing is done. Do you guys have any good drying tools or materials that can attach to an extension pole? I have a kind of swivel mop head on a pole that I try to wrap a towel around. I was thinking maybe one of those super absorbing sham-wow mop head things you see at trade shows might work well. What do you guys use?

Re: Washing your RV

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4428
Lee

Most of the time I just let it dry if it is a dry nice day it is ok not much of residual on the walls will show, I do dry the windows though because they will show residual.
If it is one of those steamy sticky days we have around here in the summer then I use my leaf blower to take the excess water of.
I have not tried a towel on the stick yet.
Later
Mo
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 18:25:20 -0000
To:
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Washing your RV

Just wanted to see if I was missing out some good products or tools that some of you professional Kodiak owners might be using for washing your RV.
 I have the washing and waxing part down to being as efficent as possible I think. The part I struggle the most with is trying to dry it after the washing is done. Do you guys have any good drying tools or materials that can attach to an extension pole? I have a kind of swivel mop head on a pole that I try to wrap a towel around. I was thinking maybe one of those super absorbing sham-wow mop head things you see at trade shows might work well. What do you guys use?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4429
I towel dry the whole thing which is up and down the ladder several times. I do use a pole with squeegee to get water off first. I also break it up into washing front, 2 sides, and back by them self.

Keith
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 18:25:20 -0000
To:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4430
When ever possible I try to stop at a Blue Beacon close to home and have
the MH washed. Best $35 I can spend on the RV. Waxing is a time
consuming and hard job. But I spend 2 days doing it each year. Sure
makes a difference in how the MH looks.
I purchased a high density foam rubber squeegee at a FMCA rally. It's
about 24" wide and wipes the whole side of MH in a few minutes. I tried
to do a search for the seller but could not find them. I will be at a
regional FMCA rally end of this month. Will get the info on seller.
Best
Ron Hall

, "leej211979"
wrote:
Just wanted to see if I was missing out some good products or tools
that some of you professional Kodiak owners might be using for washing
your RV.

I have the washing and waxing part down to being as efficent as
possible I think. The part I struggle the most with is trying to dry it
after the washing is done. Do you guys have any good drying tools or
materials that can attach to an extension pole? I have a kind of swivel
mop head on a pole that I try to wrap a towel around. I was thinking
maybe one of those super absorbing sham-wow mop head things you see at
trade shows might work well. What do you guys use?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4431
I just call my friendly auto/RV detail guy out for the wash and wax 2X per year. Best money I can spend.

If I wash it myself I have a pole with a washing brush, some soap and get most of the water off with a synthetic chamois to keep hard water spotting down and for the windows. It only takes about 1/2 hour. Forget the ladder that is way too dangerous.

Its good to get the roof first to keep the back crud from just coming back down at the next dew point or rain.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, May 4, 2010 11:25:20 AM

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4433
I will look into it Don. Last year they did not have the 24" ones at the GLASS rally. I picked mine up at the national rally in Bowling Green last summer.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4434
I wash the RV with Simple Green sprayed on an RV brush--top to bottom, plenty of water. Micro fiber towels to dry. Then I use a detailing wax spray. I prefer Turtle Wax Ice, a synthetic wax spray that goes on right over windows, rubber, and, of course, the surface. It leaves a hard glass-like finish that helps with cut down sticking dirt and bugs Best of all, you just spray it on and wipe off. No white residue and buffing.

I always clean the RV myself, and use the time to specifically look closely at each seam, screw, joint etc. looking for signs of leaks or other problems.

George

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 4470
I have been cleaning up the MH from our winter travels. Got my squeegee out. My mind must be off since I retired. It is only 17" wide. I will look into waht they have at the GLASS rally.
Best
Ron Hall

Washing

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 4432
I'm with Keith I wash the front first, then the two sides, and finish up with the rear. I wash with a high wax content car wash soap, and warm water. Front and rear are usually the dirtiest. I use a extension pole with a brush to wash, then squeegee the lower part by hand. I finish off the lower portions with a micro-fiber towel. I use a extension pole with a micro-fiber towel to wipe down the top portions. I too stay off those ladders. Finish up by cleaning all the windows, and wipe down the ALCOA's.
    I wax twice a year but let the RV detail guy do that job..............russ