Skip to main content
Topic: IOTA 50 amp transfer switch (Read 669 times) previous topic - next topic

IOTA 50 amp transfer switch

Yahoo Message Number: 8993
Hi All:

F.Y.I.

Received this from a RV mechanic in Texas, just passing it on.

"Navistar and Keystone have agreed to replace the faulty IOTA ITS-50R 50amp transfer switch under a new NHTSA recall. These switches may overheat and catch fire. I would urge everyone to check if your RV has one of these switches as they are used by a lot of manufacturers.
It is used to transfer power from shore to generator so any generator equipped or prepped 50 amp unit should be checked. IOTA has not responded to allegations about this problem and has discontinued the item."

I do not understand all of this but thought it might be of interest to someone.
Please advise if our Kodiaks are equipped with above.

As always travel safe and enjoy

John

Re: IOTA 50 amp transfer switch

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 8995
Does the recall say what build dates or S/Ns are involved?
Denny

2006 Seneca 35GS Dmax. Ford Ranger toad.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8996
our 2010 seneca had the ITS-50RG

i took a picture or it because the lid was laying beside the box, and not attached to the box. (shaking head..........quality control???)

don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8998
Most overheat conditions can be traced back to improper installation or loose wiring.  The first think I would do would be check all the connections to be sure they are tight. I personally think that if it was a problem with the switch itself you would be hearing more complaints. The recall could be because Navistar and Keystone had a installation problem.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9001
mine too was under the wardrobe in the bedroom which was accessed by removing a drawer.

don