Skip to main content
Topic: Thinking Super C is for me (Read 584 times) previous topic - next topic

Thinking Super C is for me

Yahoo Message Number: 14202
So I am new to this group and new to the concept of RVing. I recently had an epiphany and am considering going to it as full time living with my wife and 10 y/o daughter. I looked at class A's, but the thing that frustrates me most, is that most don't give any private space for my daughter to sleep unless it's a bunk right by the main bedroom. So I have been studying the Gulfstream Supernova's from 08-09 and the Jayco Seneca's from 08-11. My biggest concerns about the GS seem to be the towing. I like many of the features, but the other main concern is simply that GS doesn't make them anymore. Are they hard to get parts for, service, etc. As for the Jayco's, I see good things about them here, but being new to RVing, I want to make sure that I am looking at the best super C's out there. Dynamax seems out of my price range (100-130k) and Thor gets really bad reviews from what I can tell. So I am coming to you all for advice. Here is what I am looking for, and any ratings/reviews pages that you all trust would be great too. I can't seem to find anything that I think is reliable.

Looking for a motor home large enough to hold 4-5 comfortably, but mostly 3, 2 adults and 1 pre teen girl.
Looking for it to be 35-38 feet in length, with enough storage and water capacity to live full time, and a generator that supports that kind of living. Looking for an over head sleeping area for my daughter to be able to have her own "room" if you will. Or any ideas on how to address that concern. Looking for it to be reliable as we will be using it more than for just camping, with good customer service from the mfg. I would like for it to have washer/dryer, and large fridge/freezer, not necessarily full size. As little carpet as possible. And able to tow a 28' trailer with a toyota FJ cruiser and Harley Ultra Limited.

I am still open to a class A, but haven't found one that really gives my daughter the space that a super C would give her. I will be taking her from her own room, and I really want her to have her own space.

Lastly, if you have any good sites about full time RV living advice, thoughts, blogs, etc, that would be a huge help. I likely won't be doing this until next year after my middle daughter graduates, so I have some time to research.

Sorry for the book, but any help you all can give, any thoughts you can impart, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank You,
Ryan
If you don't want to respond to the group, you can respond to me directly at rlrmcolo@...

Re: Thinking Super C is for me

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 14204
Welcome to the group.
For all piratical proposes none of the Super C's of the 2004 to 2010 are made on the Kodiak chassis anymore. If you find one on the Kodiak Chassis that is newer than 2009 it probably is on a 2008 chassis. Not a bad thing just how it worked out after GM shut down Kodiak production.
Gulf Stream is still in business. But does not manufacture any motorized models.
As for what you are looking for there are several models in the GS Endura and Jayco Seneca lines. The Endura 6362 is a good one in the GS Line.
I will let someone that knows the Jayco line better than I do. Recommend which will meet your needs.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 14205
Greetings Ryan,
We are near in the same boat..or RV. We have a 9 year old boy. We bit the bullet and ordered a Renegade Explorer... significantly more $$, but the quality is top shelf. We are picking it up in a few weeks. This will be our 2nd RV, our first was an Itasca Navion...loved it.
But, as you eluded to, little privacy and bit small for full timing. The Renegade is actually a custom build for us. We put bunks in the back and will utilize a sofa bed up front for us. One big compelling factor was seating for our son. Our main concern was having shoulder belts in the back. Ultimately, we designed the rig to have two captain's chairs in the house with 3-point seat belts, as well as, a private area in the back for him and his friends. The area up front is private enough for us. Perhaps seeking out the custom route might be one to explore(r)? ;)

All the best,

JE
2015 Renegade Explorer

On Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:19 PM, "ronjhall@... [SuperCrvgroup]"  wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 14206
ARRR, and what Piratical purposes would be practical? (sorry, could not resist)
Morrigan