Skip to main content
Topic: Endura 6316 Slide Relay? (Read 396 times) previous topic - next topic

Endura 6316 Slide Relay?

Yahoo Message Number: 6180
Ok All,

This is the last major bug we are trying to fix in the coach. I hope that I have not worn out my welcome by constantly posting issues! But here is the latest...

In the pic here (let me know if there is a better way to share them by the way)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/album/146609217/pic/1459579615/view

You can see the relay - If it's unplugged the slide does not work..This is how I determined it was for the slide.

Secondly, I do not have a switch on my driver seat that I've been told should be there to tell the system the seat is all the way forward? There are two yellow wires coming up by one of mounting bolts that have been cut, not sure if they were the wires for the switch?

Lastly, the slide only functions when the ignition is on...Not a good thing in my opinion.

So my question are - Do you have the relay shown in the pic and if not any idea where the wires should go?

Are the two yellow wires for the seat switch? and what's the part number for the switch?

Will your slide function when the ignition is on?

My assumption is that the relay should actually be some other electrical device - one that will NOT function when the ignition is on and detects when the seat is all the way forward..

Thanks all!!

Re: Endura 6316 Slide Relay?

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 6187
My slides and jacks will only work if ignition is off. No seat switch or other connections.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Endura 6316 Slide Relay?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 6206
On my Ultra 6331, that relay is only tied to the E-brake and is part of the pump motor circuit for the slides, and the slides work with or w/o the ignition switch in the on position. The jacks also work all the time regardless of the ignition switch postion.

Even my manual states that the drivers seat has to be forward AND the e-brake on operate the slides but I don't have any wiring under the drivers seat either to give it any indication, just the e-brake.

The Relay (which is actually an Aux Light relay) has a 12V High-Amp Input (this goes to the battery or 50A DC breaker and is constant 12V), 12V Low Amp input (E-brake or other input)- this closes the relay internally, 12V High Amp Output and I believe a Ground are the 4 general used prongs.

Does your relay have the yellow wires coming into it, can't really tell from your pic. Pull back the plastic sleeve and look at the colors and trace the wires out to see what's what and where they go. Also trace the wires in the cab to see where they go also.

Keep your ignition off, there should be one wire (generally RED) that's 12V constant on if they wired it to your coach 12V system. If there's not it's most likely wired into the chassis 12V somewhere or another relay you haven't found that's tied to the ignition to prevent mulitple systems from running.

I would recommend to wire into the e-brake rather than the seat for more safety. As far as the ignition side, it may be a lot of work to get it wired to a non-switched 12V source. Gulfstream doesn't provide wiring diagrams, so it's a lot of tracing out by hand.

When this relay fails, it generally will fail SAFE (or open). It's good you've found where it is and what it does. It's maddening to be on the road and have it fail. Buy yourself a spare 40 or 50A Aux Light relay just in case.