Skip to main content
Topic: Insulated windows (Read 527 times) previous topic - next topic

Insulated windows

Yahoo Message Number: 9306
If anyone thinking about double pane windows they just do not make that much difference. We installed all around and very little noticeable difference.

Re: Insulated windows

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 9307
Too heavy! Lose some GVWR on those? How much were they?

I have tons of cold air transfer from my single pane window - enough to feel a draft I think. But heh I am camping? There is lots of loss from the slide joints anyway. IF it really cold, close the slides, less drafts AND less heat required to make it warm.

WINDOW TINT made a world of difference.

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 8:31 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Insulated windows

If anyone thinking about double pane windows they just do not make that much difference. We installed all around and very little noticeable difference.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 9364
That is actually one of the improvements I have been contemplating. Thanks for the information. Are you talking about no difference for both cold and heat or only cold?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 9367
I think I posted a note on this. It seems to me there are so many places to get a draft that the double pane windows are not worth it. IF you are worried about heat, I had aftermarket high quality tint put on my windows - HUGE DIFFERENCE: I should have done it the day I bought my coach.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 7:52 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Insulated windows

That is actually one of the improvements I have been contemplating. Thanks for the information. Are you talking about no difference for both cold and heat or only cold?

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 9368
I had 3M film put on all my windows when I bought my last motorhome 9+ years ago. Not only did it keep lots of heat out, it prevented anyone from looking inside the coach during daylight hours.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 9375
We have only
Used in heat do far and u cannot touch get do hot. I am going to have tinted

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 9376
Get some window awnings. They make a big difference when sun is out.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 9377
I am not sure what it was....it has a very slight bronze color to it. It was high-end from my house window tinting guy. But it is auto tint. I had cab done too - illegal in CA but very nice. The whole coach seem "calmer" with the tint on it too. Love it!

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 12:46 PM

What tint did u go with

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 9379
Betty is doing well. Still in pain. But she has stopped all pain pills and is dealing with that. She feels she should be running by now. Operation was less than a month ago.
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 9380
Good to hear!

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM

Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2012 1:46 AM

Betty is doing well. Still in pain. But she has stopped all pain pills and is dealing with that. She feels she should be running by now. Operation was less than a month ago.
Best
Ron Hall