Skip to main content
Topic: Onan parts lists. (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

Onan parts lists.

Yahoo Message Number: 10985
I tried to get into the parts cross reference file for the Onan 5.5 Quiet Diesel gen set but the file was no longer available. Was the file taken down for some reason or am I doing something wrong?
I'm looking for the part # for the oil fill pipe. Mine is leaking and needs to be replaced. In this regard, has that pipe been upgraded or replaced with a better fill pipe? I'm not using the gen set until i can be replaced. Removal of the generator is in the near future.
Denny

Re: Onan parts lists.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10986
Attachments :

Onan 5.5HDKA-2733B Spec B, Oil filler tube part# 123-2345 purchased 3/18/2011at $72.76 from Cummins NPower
    This replacement looked just like the original. Mine was worn through on the bottom as the fan was rubbing against the filler tube. I added some support to the new filler tube to hopefully prevent this in the future. Some owners have experienced the tube breaking where the rubber portion meets the steel portion.
    Greg thompson
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dennis
    Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:31 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Onan parts lists.

I tried to get into the parts cross reference file for the Onan 5.5 Quiet Diesel gen set but the file was no longer available. Was the file taken down for some reason or am I doing something wrong?
    I'm looking for the part # for the oil fill pipe. Mine is leaking and needs to be replaced. In this regard, has that pipe been upgraded or replaced with a better fill pipe? I'm not using the gen set until i can be replaced. Removal of the generator is in the near future.
    Denny

Re: Onan parts lists.

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 10989
    Yes indeed - and if you take it to a real Cummins / Onan service center they would replace all the correct bits - they did it on mine when my coach was NEW and the GenSet had only a couple hours on it - and was leaking already.

Be well,

~
    Victor - KI6IM
    Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:51 AM
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Onan parts lists.