Skip to main content
Topic: The black rubber around the slide out (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

The black rubber around the slide out

Yahoo Message Number: 10990
Our bedroom slide has a section that the rubber has been removed, does anyone have information on website to order a replacement our motorhome is a 2005 endura ?

I really enjoy all the posts on here. We have learned a lot of useful info.

Thanks!

Re: The black rubber around the slide out

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 10991
Someone once posted the catalog of the source for all the various seals.

you can call the MFG of your coach and get a piece. I have one that had rolled up on itself and bend the metal fingers to replace too.

I have a local RV place that has the stuff in bulk here in San Diego - In fact Camping World RV repair said they take a piece over to them and match it up.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:24 AM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] The black rubber around the slide out

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 10992
You will need to find out what type of rubber seal is first.
I got mine at uni-grip.com
Look under agilityaussie big brown on photos section as well there are pix of the work I did
Rgds

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 10994

I just went through the trouble of replacing the external floor of my 2005 Endura's bedroom slide. Over the winter water had leached into the 1/4" exterior plywood floor that is on the bottom of the slide and the plywood began to rot.

It was caused by the bottom seal having a tear in it and the water getting into the bottom of the slide. After replacing the floor I did a search on the internet and found the seal and ordered it (from Factory RV Surplus) hoping it was the correct stuff.

I received the order last week and confirmed that it was the same seal. Be ready it is not cheap at $5.00 per ft. I ordered enough to replace the seal on the entire slide opening (~36')

Here is the seal that snaps into the opening: http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?product_id=2200

Here is the seal I ordered to replace the seal on the face of the slide that seals against the body :
http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/products.php?product_id=2202

Let me know how you make out!

Steven Kerns

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 10996

Thanks everyone for the great info. I will post when we finish to let everyone know how it goes.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 10997
Some of those pages were blocked by my PC as "Attack Pages" so watch out.

Be well,

~
Victor - KI6IM
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H Bunkhouse

To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:38 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: The black rubber around the slide out