Skip to main content
Topic: Air chuck? (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

Air chuck?

Yahoo Message Number: 12865

I have an air chuck on the drivers side near drivers side fuel fill. I cannot seem to get any meaningful air from it? I figured it ran off air brake compressor?
Ideas?
Victor Burns
KI6IM
Jayco Embark TB390
Kodiak Diesel Dutchmen 34H - For Sale

Re: Air chuck?

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 12886
Victor -

I am going to assume this is like my Haulmark on the 33K M2 Chassis. You can get some significant air out of the chuck, but you have to pump the brakes down to the point that the compressor kicks in. Set the engine to fast idle (turn on the cruise and then use the resume/accel button to increase engine speed to ~ 1,000 RPM) and you can get some decent air ...

Realize, however, that it will take 40 forevers to air up your tires from this source. You best bet is to get a small 120V air compressor and use that for tire top offs. I have a Craftsman 150 PSI compressor I have had for several (~10) years for this purpose.

Sam

To: Kodiak Kodiak
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 2:59 PM
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Air chuck?

Re: Air chuck?

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 12888

Thanks! I do have a 150 PSI Craftsman compressor on board too. But was interested in what/how that air chuck worked.

I almost bought a Haulmark on similar chassis, but I really wanted bunk beds. The Embark fit the ticket well.

Be well,

~
Victor | KI6IM |

Jayco Embark TB390 Bunkhouse
Dutchmen Diesel 34H Bunkhouse - For Sale

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:31 AM, "Sam Houston shouston_710m@... [KodiakChassisClassC]"  wrote: