Skip to main content
Topic: Gen Turi Generator Exhaust System (Read 472 times) previous topic - next topic

Gen Turi Generator Exhaust System

Yahoo Message Number: 5090
Question for you guys - I am ordering a Gen Turi exhaust extender for a trip in a few weeks. I am not at my RV and I can't remember the size of exhaust pipe coming out of the genset. It is a 8Kw model. Do you guys know the size of the pipe? Has anyone used a exhaust extender with a Seneca FS while dry camping with others nearby?

Re: Gen Turi Generator Exhaust System

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 5091
I've got a genturi exhaust for my 4kW Gas Onan genset and it works very good.

Do watch the metal parts, they can get near as hot as the exhaust pipe and cools off a little as it gets to the plastic and the plastic pipe will get pretty warm, but not hot.

As far as impact on others, I did notice that the exhaust odor is not very noticeable nearby and it does quiet down the exhuast noise from the generator a little bit.

The only 2 mods I did was to first get a good quality suction cup w/handle (the ones for glass or add-ons for showers) so not to have any permanent items on the outside. I just put the suction handles up, a quick bungee cord to hold the pipe up. The other, I added an exhaust support close to the outside edge of the existing generator exhuast pipe - This was to give the exhuast pipe a very stiff support and not flex under the weight of the genturi.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 5092
I have a 5.5 Onan and the pipe is 1 1/2 inch

shawdowboss wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 5102
My 6kw diesel genset is quieter than one of those tiny Honda generators.

Sent: 12 August, 2010 9:14 PM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Gen Turi Generator Exhaust System

Question for you guys - I am ordering a Gen Turi exhaust extender for a trip in a few weeks. I am not at my RV and I can't remember the size of exhaust pipe coming out of the genset. It is a 8Kw model. Do you guys know the size of the pipe? Has anyone used a exhaust extender with a Seneca FS while dry camping with others nearby?

|  | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic
https://www.supercrvgroup.com/

[The entire original message is not included]