Skip to main content
Topic: Roof air conditioners (Read 1167 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof air conditioners

Yahoo Message Number: 15176
One of my roof air conditioners quit working while the second one continues to work the one that quit working will blow on fan but when you put it to cool the Fan will keep blowing but it won't get cold the second one is just fine I'm wondering if it's low on Freon or if anyone knows.

Larry Payne ⛳

Re: Roof air conditioners

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 15178
Thanks n at

Mark Bielstein
MF&B Restaurant Systems, Inc.
EDGE Ovens
Phone 724-628-3050
Cell 412-897-3120

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 15179
No I haven't even gone on roof yet. But I don't know how to check the capacitor anyhow. I do have some electrical testing equipment and I think I can find it.

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 15180
Is it a continuity test ? I'll find the compacitor if you tell me how to test it

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 15205
I checked capacitor, it's good. Does that mean the compressor is bad?

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 15207
Found two capacitors , one a hard start. Learned a lot about capacitors. Both were good but found a burnt wire. It was loose repaired it. It works now. Thank you Russ , Ron, and everybody else.

Larry Payne  ⛳

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 15211
wire do work their way loose in a coach and strange things happen. Good sleuthing.

Victor
KI6IM / 8P9IW / V31VB
Embark TB390

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 15213

Seems I get to have some fun this week. My Nevada trip last August, way past Reno, has finally revealed some Playa dust in the fan motor of my front A/c. I noticed it squealing more and more and figure there must be small sand particles that found their way into the bearing..... Suggestions? I plan on pulling the cover on Monday, getting the model number and just replacing it myself - for a hellof a lot less money.
Capt Jerry - Back from Austin Texas today. F550 Thor Super C,

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 15230
Up date on the A/c motor. After replacing the fan motor, there have been or more issues but I would like to find better filters. Happy trails. Jerry in Baytown Texas

Ridgecreek Auto Gen Start unit for sale

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 15389
Hi,

I bought this from our list czar Ron Hall last year with the intention
of putting it on my coach, but obviously never got around to it. I just
sold the coach this week so this sits in my shop cabinet. I suspect Ron
can tell you more about it than I know, but it's complete with
instruction manual, etc.

$100 and it should ship in a small flat rate priority mail box.

Take care,
Greg

Re: Ridgecreek Auto Gen Start unit for sale - oops

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 15391
I used this AGS for a couple of years. It is the same as Magnum AGS-S. Except it does not have ability to set quiet time. Can be set to start generator when battery voltage is below 12 volts or lower. Cans also set for high temperature. Other settings are for how long to run generator after start. Will work on both Gas and Diesel generators. Will not work on Propane.
I now have a Magnum AGS-S for my auto start. Only because I found a super deal on EBAY.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Ridgecreek Auto Gen Start unit for sale - oops [1 Attachment]

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 15394
Greg,
Wondering if the auto start kit will work with an Onan QD 5500. If so, I am interested in it. Looked on the mfg web site and it appears that it is now Magnum industries and they don't appear to make the unit you have any longer. Still interested if the manual says it will work.
Thanks, Dave
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Re: Ridgecreek Auto Gen Start unit for sale - oops [1 Attachment]

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 15397
I used it on a QD5500 with no problems.
Best
Ron Hall

Re: Ridgecreek Auto Gen Start unit for sale

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 15398
I used the Ridgecreek AGS for several years, It has all the features of a Magnum AGS-S except ability to set a time when not to run generator. Easy hookup. Parallels wiring from Generator Start switch. I picked up a Magnum-S off EBAY from a person that bought one for a Propane Generator. Neither of these AGS will work on a propane generator. Will work on both Gas or Diesel.
Best
Ron Hall