Skip to main content
Topic: Several Jayco/Kodiak Items (Read 724 times) previous topic - next topic

Several Jayco/Kodiak Items

Yahoo Message Number: 613
FYI, here's a peek at the AFE oiled cotton air filter I installed. Works GREAT! Note the splotch of yellow on the near end of the filter is a lighting (bright sun vs. flash) fluke.
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/view/2eaf?b=19
On our January shakedown trip, the fuse for the cigarette lighter outlets blew. I got out my Kodiak owner's manual and located the fuse block behind a panel where a glove box normally would be. The panel is held on by two, 10mm bolts. Once the fuse block was exposed, I found that the actual layout was different than the one shown in the GM/Kodiak owner's manual. Through trial & error I got the proper fuse replaced and I plan to ask the Chevy dealer about this when I take it in for service. I was wondering if anyone else out there in Kodiak-Land had come across this?
Question for Greg regarding your endcap separation repair. I believe you said the RV Tech replaced the stock end-cap retaining screws with new ones that were 3" long. Were they actually 3" screws and of the same type and number size? The stock screws are 1" self-tapping variety so I was wondering if the replacements were identical type & number size but just much longer.
Question for Don & perhaps others. You mentioned being in contact with the factory and I think (Don) this was in regard to your planned factory service appointment scheduled on your trip back home. I would like to get the name of a factory contact (email would be great) to discuss my slideout LPG supply situation (which actually got worse as I investigated more). My local dealer guys are cooperative and energetic but I know they won't have a clue how to deal with this serious issue. So rather than have them try to rig something, I'd like to show the pictures to the factory technical people so that hopefully they will be able to develop and communicate the best and safest solution for the repairs to my dealer...also so it gets done right the first time. This is kind of a creepy picture. I didn't know copper pipe could contort like this and still function.
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/KodiakChassisClassC/photos/view/2eaf?b=18&m=f&o=0
Thanks guys. This Group is a wonderful source.
Bill

Re: Several Jayco/Kodiak Items

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 614
I have had to use the service general mailbox (which was also the case with Winnie). I put the name of the help desk contact in the subject line. For Jayco I've been dealing with Les Carriveau. I send email to

Last week I heard back from a service person confirming my appointment for April 22.

Don

On 10-Feb-08, at 8:25 PM, berfle624 wrote:

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 615
Don,

For some reason the Service email address got cut off. That's OK though
because on further consideration I decided to just draft up a letter and
include all my pictures and descriptive info. May take a little longer
but I want to make sure this is done right. Thanks!

Bill

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 616
Kind of surprising - still on my copy in my sent folder. It is ""

Don

On 10-Feb-08, at 10:29 PM, berfle624 wrote:

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 617
berfle624 wrote:

Question for Greg regarding your endcap separation repair. I believe you
said the RV Tech replaced the stock end-cap retaining screws with new
ones that were 3" long. Were they actually 3" screws and of the same
type and number size?

They were three inches long and I believe they were a size up in gauge.
They really bit into something though because the very first one drew
the back in tight. The replaced them about half way up both sides even
though the street side hadn't separated. The also shot sealant into the
gap before drawing the endcap tight.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 618
They were three inches long and I believe they were a size up in
gauge.

Thanks Greg,

I'll post pix of the repair job when I get the big screws.

Bill

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 619
Guess this is another one of those "duh...!" moments. I'm not real
familiar with how Yahoo treats email addresses so when I saw the "..."
after the "service@..." I thought the domain got chopped.

Bill

Kind of surprising - still on my copy in my sent folder. It is
"service@...