Skip to main content
Topic: tire inflation (Read 470 times) previous topic - next topic

tire inflation

Yahoo Message Number: 8752
I took my 35 GS to be weighed today in order to make sure I get proper inflation on the tires. How to you determine the weight after getting it weighed?

I am assuming on the front you divide the weight by 2 and on the back you divide by 4. Am I on the right path???

Thanks
Ronnie

Re: tire inflation

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 8754
I got the weigh slip just not sure what to do with the numbers. The slip is at home but I think the front was around 6300 and the rear was around 13500.

Do I divide the front by 2 and rear by 4 ?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 8755
Attachments :

That will be close. The corners can be weighed by driving just the LH tires or the RH tires of the coach on the scale.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ronnie Hartzog
    Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:20 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] tire inflation

I got the weigh slip just not sure what to do with the numbers. The slip is at home but I think the front was around 6300 and the rear was around 13500.

Do I divide the front by 2 and rear by 4 ?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 8756
    Yes divide the front weight by 2 and rear weight by 4. Then use the Michelin chart at this site to set pressure.
    http://www.michelinrvtires.com/michelinrv/tires-retreads/load-inflation-tables.jsp
    For proper weight you should get your RV weighed at all 4 corners. There are reports of up to 1000 lbs difference from side to side. Though I have not heard of problems with the GS and Jayco MH's.