Skip to main content
Topic: Vacuum Breakers (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

Vacuum Breakers

Yahoo Message Number: 7063
I finally got around to some photos since I have the coach at my house. I took a couple of photos and uploaded them to the pictures area of this group.

Essentially I had (the shop) install vacuum breakers on the breather / overflow lines on my water tank. My problem necessitating this action was that the tank would be full or nearly full and then start to siphon water from the tank or slosh way too much water out of the tank. My tanks in about 1/2 the width of the coach for a portion of it and the total width at the top. It seemed like I could loose 20-30% of my water supply by the time I arrived at my destination.

My RV shop (Norm's RV, Poway, CA) was aware of the problem and the solution which was quite simple: the installed a similar solution on many units of another make and model rig.

It looks like it will work well - my tanks are still full to the top!!!

CAUTION: Once this is installed you not longer have an active overfill so you MUST pay attention when filling the tank lest you overfill it with pressure. I intend to add in another valve to open and bypass one of the check valves when filling.

Victor - KI6IM
Dutchmen 34H Diesel

Re: Vacuum Breakers

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7064
Victor,

Thanks for the pictures. I will be doing the same repair. Like you say, simple bypass valve for filling will eliminate the chance of over filling the tank.

Dan

Re: Vacuum Breakers

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7065

BTW..had coach parked downhill all day and only lost about a cup.of water..tank.is full to the too still.
~
Victor Burns | KI6IM
2008 Kodiak Dutchmen Diesel 34H