Skip to main content
Topic: Just got off the scale and I'm happy! (Read 658 times) previous topic - next topic

Just got off the scale and I'm happy!

Yahoo Message Number: 4129
Not me the motor home and I'm very happy. JAYCO 35GS, Full tank of fuel, full propane, 25+/- fresh water (1/3 full) 20+/- black water (1/3 full) Fridge full, pantry full, all my gadgets and tools, clothes, etc, etc, etc. Front axle 7,000, rear axle 14,660, = 21,660 add the toad (2007 Canyon crew cab 4wd with the mh spare in the back (tire and steel rim) 4,520. TOTAL 26,180 That puts me less than 1/10 of 1 percent over total.. If we had dumped I think I would be under total...GCVW

It has, basically, been loaded the same(less black water) since we got it for every trip and it has handled extremely well.

Dave Sparke

Re: Just got off the scale and I'm happy!

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4131
We towed a Colorado for a few years - narrow tunnel drove my knee nuts. Ours was MUCH heavier than yours. Had the Crew Cab 2WD as well but added a cap over the box and then found it was a PITA to get anything at the front of the box. So I added a bed slider. Really convenient. Oh were we heavy at that point. NO problem of course pulling it behind a 41 ft DP. Then we switched to the Tahoe, much heavier yet but no problem with the DP. Then downsized to the 32SS Greyhawk and while it tows OK we can feel a tug from behind periodically and I always know it is there.

Don

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4133
Don, How much more are you talking about? I have a cap as well. We had the fold-a-cover but decided to change at the end of last year..

Dave Sparke

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4134
Dave, I can't remember since it was over four years ago we had it weighed when taking a load of garbage to the dump. We had to drive on the scale going in and out. I can remember thinking at the time we really didn't have a lot of GVWR left for a load. I remember thinking after I made these wise acquisitions that I must have fallen asleep at the switch. I've been very conscious about MH weight and seemed to have brain fade on toad weight. I have a feeling the cap and roller were 300 lbs. What was interesting was that none of the literature for these items addressed weight.

D

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4135
The only reason I ask is the GVW is 5300 so the weights I have seem pretty accurate.  I know the mh spare is over 100,  Then if I add 4 people in it we'd be right at or a little over max. Really didn't buy it to haul much, mainly to tow and and carry 4 people. I usually use a utility trailer for moving stuff. See you in July. THANKS..Dave Sparke --- On Sat, 3/27/10, Don Leslie  wrote:From: Don Leslie Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Just got off the scale and I'm happy!To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.comDate: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 9:22 PM
Dave, I can't remember since it was over four years ago we had it weighed when taking a load of garbage to the dump.  We had to drive on the scale going in and out.  I can remember thinking at the time we really didn't have a lot of GVWR left for a load.   I remember thinking after I made these wise acquisitions that I must have fallen asleep at the switch.  I've been very conscious about MH weight and seemed to have brain fade on toad weight.   I have a feeling the cap and roller were 300 lbs.  What was interesting was that none of the literature for these items addressed weight.  D On 2010-03-27, at 8:50 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:
Don, How much more are you talking about? I have a cap as well.  We had the fold-a-cover but decided to change at the end of last year..Dave Sparke--- On Sat, 3/27/10, Don Leslie  wrote:From: Don Leslie Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClass C] Just got off the scale and I'm happy!To: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 8:38 PM
We towed a Colorado for a few years - narrow tunnel drove my knee nuts.  Ours was MUCH heavier than yours.   Had the Crew Cab 2WD as well but added a cap over the box and then found it was a PITA to get anything at the front of the box.  So I added a bed slider.  Really convenient.  Oh were we heavy at that point.  NO problem of course pulling it behind a 41 ft DP.  Then we switched to the Tahoe, much heavier yet but no problem with the DP.  Then downsized to the 32SS Greyhawk and while it tows OK we can feel a tug from behind periodically and I always know it is there.  DonOn 2010-03-27, at 4:54 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:
Not me the motor home and I'm very happy.  JAYCO 35GS, Full tank of fuel, full propane, 25+/- fresh water (1/3 full)  20+/- black water (1/3 full) Fridge full, pantry full, all my gadgets and tools, clothes, etc, etc, etc. Front axle 7,000, rear axle 14,660, = 21,660 add the toad (2007 Canyon crew cab 4wd with the mh spare in the back (tire and steel rim)  4,520.  TOTAL 26,180  That puts me less than  1/10 of 1 percent over total.. If we had dumped I think I would be under total...GCVWIt has, basically, been loaded the same(less black water) since we got it for every trip and it has handled extremely well. Dave Sparke

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4136
Ah, thanks for reminding me.  We often had 5 in the vehicle and we were probably pushing GVWR as well.  Now, when I buy anything of that nature, weight issues come first. Yes, see you in July. Don On 2010-03-27, at 9:42 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:
The only reason I ask is the GVW is 5300 so the weights I have seem pretty accurate.  I know the mh spare is over 100,  Then if I add 4 people in it we'd be right at or a little over max. Really didn't buy it to haul much, mainly to tow and and carry 4 people. I usually use a utility trailer for moving stuff. See you in July. THANKS..Dave Sparke--- On Sat, 3/27/10, Don Leslie  wrote:From: Don Leslie Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClass C] Just got off the scale and I'm happy!To: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 9:22 PM
Dave, I can't remember since it was over four years ago we had it weighed when taking a load of garbage to the dump.  We had to drive on the scale going in and out.  I can remember thinking at the time we really didn't have a lot of GVWR left for a load.   I remember thinking after I made these wise acquisitions that I must have fallen asleep at the switch.  I've been very conscious about MH weight and seemed to have brain fade on toad weight.   I have a feeling the cap and roller were 300 lbs.  What was interesting was that none of the literature for these items addressed weight.  D On 2010-03-27, at 8:50 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:
Don, How much more are you talking about? I have a cap as well.  We had the fold-a-cover but decided to change at the end of last year..Dave Sparke--- On Sat, 3/27/10, Don Leslie  wrote:From: Don Leslie Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClass C] Just got off the scale and I'm happy!To: KodiakChassisClassC @yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 8:38 PM
We towed a Colorado for a few years - narrow tunnel drove my knee nuts.  Ours was MUCH heavier than yours.   Had the Crew Cab 2WD as well but added a cap over the box and then found it was a PITA to get anything at the front of the box.  So I added a bed slider.  Really convenient.  Oh were we heavy at that point.  NO problem of course pulling it behind a 41 ft DP.  Then we switched to the Tahoe, much heavier yet but no problem with the DP.  Then downsized to the 32SS Greyhawk and while it tows OK we can feel a tug from behind periodically and I always know it is there.  DonOn 2010-03-27, at 4:54 PM, Dave Sparke wrote:
Not me the motor home and I'm very happy.  JAYCO 35GS, Full tank of fuel, full propane, 25+/- fresh water (1/3 full)  20+/- black water (1/3 full) Fridge full, pantry full, all my gadgets and tools, clothes, etc, etc, etc. Front axle 7,000, rear axle 14,660, = 21,660 add the toad (2007 Canyon crew cab 4wd with the mh spare in the back (tire and steel rim)  4,520.  TOTAL 26,180  That puts me less than  1/10 of 1 percent over total.. If we had dumped I think I would be under total...GCVWIt has, basically, been loaded the same(less black water) since we got it for every trip and it has handled extremely well. Dave Sparke

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4138
Here's the data from the chart on my 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 32SS

GCWR   26000
GVWR   19500
UVW   16363
GCC    3136

I took it to the scales one day last year when I was full of gas, full
propane, full fresh water, a bit in the black/grey tanks, and loaded for
a week long trip.

Steer axle    5660
Drive axle   12340
Gross weight   18000

I've never weighed independent corners or side to side.

Take care,
Greg