Skip to main content
Topic: Kerrville Rally - so far (Read 381 times) previous topic - next topic

Kerrville Rally - so far

Yahoo Message Number: 6435
Kerrville Rally
We are having a great time at the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville. There are 6 Senecas all close to the River.

There has been a lot of social time, just sitting and chatting about life the universe and everything:

Gathered in front of Dane & Bettye's Rig
LED's have been a hot topic, and we have had some show and tell on the devices we have tried. Wedgies, bayonets, and Halogen replacements...
Several repairs were made - and questions answered.
We also got to walk through "Bulletin 66" as Dane was having several issues caused by an improper break controller install. Somehow in the process they disabled his marker lights and blew the break switch. The fix was to follow Bulletin 66 on wiring. First Ron found the disconnected wire for the marker lights. Next we found the "Body Builder Connector"

"Body Builder Connector"
This connector is located between the forward Jacks against the frame.(See figure 2 in Bulletin 66).A wire was then run through the firewall to the break switch.(Step 4 in the Bulletin).After running the wire through the firewall Ron makes the connection to the break.

Ron makes connection with the Break on Dane's Rig
Lastly the connections needed to be secured.

Ron Zip Tying wiring changes
So even though this was not specifically a Kodiak Rally I was learning a lot, and a few repairs got made.
Another thing I learned: Kodiak owners are dog lovers!I think they have us outnumbered...
Finally, no report would be complete without mentioning the FOOD.We had a great dinner at La Fleur's last night, and then Texas Steaks at the club house tonight.
Hope all is well.
Kevin