Skip to main content
Topic: Water Heater Help (Read 737 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Heater Help

Yahoo Message Number: 16066
Good morning,
I have a 2007 Gulfstream Endura having water heater problems. The burner appears to be shutting off prematurely before it's completely hot, more so luke warm. Ideas? It's the gas fired Suburban model. No obvious means to reset.

Re: Water Heater Help

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16067
If it's an Atwood water heater then the likely culprit is the thermostat or the ECO. These both come in a kit with a new self adhesive labeled cover strip. Be careful to note how they come out and install the new ones the same way. If you don't know which parts I'm talking about they are located on the outside of your RV behind the water heater cover. Just above the propane valves you see four wires leading into a foam sticker that may or may not be labeled. These fail over time and are cheap to replace.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16068
Is the problem that water is not hot enough? Make sure outside shower valves are off. Also make sure winterizing valve is in normal position. Check that spider have not made a nest in burner tube. There are a couple of reset buttons on front of heater when cover is off. But your description says it is working but not hot enough.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 16069
Different problem... while hooked to shore power using electric, water is weeping from the valve. Never noticed this before. Is this some sort of overflow condition? Is there a thermostat that needs to be adjusted? This started happening after I ran out of water and I refilled.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 16070
Be sure when you filled it back up that there is air inside for expansion. When cold let some water out through
valve. then turn on and check again.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 16071
New update. I let pressure out from the valve at the top of the tank and fired it up. It went through the normal heat cycle. Kitchen sink is nice and hot. But the bathroom sink and shower still only get luke warm. Strange. Don't think it's a hot water heater problem. The luke warm water comes out in a nice steady stream, good pressure.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 16072
Final update. Outdoor shower valve was turned on. Closed up and now I'm good. Thanks for letting me bounce this off the board. Best thing about it... didn't cost me anything! Cheers.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 16074
We just bought a new RV and when we took it out for the first time and took a shower in it, the water was luke warm. Same MO as yours. We called the dealer and he had us check the bypass valve. Guess what. It was open. Brand new RV and the techs didn't check to see that the bypass valve was closed. He said he gets 4-5 calls a month about the same thing. Great work techs at Camping World.  Anyway, check your bypass valve to make sure it is closed.

Virus-free. www.avg.com
[/url]