Skip to main content
Topic: New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331 (Read 701 times) previous topic - next topic

New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331

Yahoo Message Number: 13362
Glad I found this group and figured it would be beneficial to join and have some similar Super-C owners for information. My name is Terry and live in the mountains east of Albuquerque, NM. My Super-C is a Gulfstream Supernova, model 6331 which is the shorter one 34 ft. International 4200 chassis with the VT365 (aka the 6.0 powerstroke) engine and Allison auto trans. One big living room slide and one smaller bedroom slide. I like the king size bed and the size once opened up is great for me and my wife.

I bought my 2008 Supernova last year with only 22K miles and have used it about 5 times so far. Combination of dry camping and hooked-up. RV part has been good and no problems. The chassis side has had some brake issues, which caused brakes to drag and burn up. Of course long way from home so had to pay to get that done, out of warranty even though relatively low miles. Engine and trans have been good, just a bit underpowered for my preference. I realize it is a big heavy truck with additional load of my trailer with a hot rod on it, but it gets by - just don't be in a big acceleration hurry.

Getting ready to go to Bonneville Salt Flats in a couple days for Speedweek, go every year and last year was first trip in the Supernova. Tired of being held hostage for hotel prices in Wendover (or as my friends and i call it Bendover), so that was one main reason for the motorhome. Also use for other camping trips and going to hot rod events.

Here is a picture, hope this link works?
[URL=http://s325.photobucket.com/user/38Chevy454/media/Motorhome/DSCF4425_zpsa0308171.jpg.html][IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k364/38Chevy454/Motorhome/DSCF4425_zpsa0308171.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Happy to be here and look forward to both getting and giving information, Terry

Re: New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 13363
Ha ha, I'm a Salt Lake resident. I've spent quite a few nights out to Wendover, and I'm with you. I would take a night in my RV over most of the accomodations out there. It's been very wet here recently, I don't know how that affects the flats out there though.
Have fun.

Re: New member - Gulfstream Supernova 6331 (Moth Proofing - Salt Fla

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 13365
Moth Proofing.

In the salt flats a great idea to sweep all your slide outs prior to retracting. Also check under your awnings. Even then you may have hitchhikers. Those things are nasty and leave a mark if you crush them. Also the larva can invade plumbing fixtures. If you have camped there before - you are probably aware... But in case this is your first time, ... A little care up front can save some remedial time.

Not bad, but an annoyance. You may be lucky in that I believe the worst is over, but with the mild winter, you may still see something...

K

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 13370
Have 08 seneca 35gs with motorcycle on rear hydraulic lift. Maybe 1400 lbs. back there. Want to raise rear end. Tried air bags. Then took them off and put supersprings. Now thinking about taking supersprings off and changing 15000 lbs leaf springs to 19000 lbs leaf springs with 1 inch spacer below the leaf springs. Then reinstall airbags. Any suggestions?

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 13371
Not sure if you will have any luck. I personally think you have way too much weight hanging on that frame extension. The hitch that JAYCO installed was only good for 1,000 tongue weight IIRC and that would be with an equalizer hitch. Also you have to remember that the black tank and fresh water tank are behind the axle that just makes the situation worse.

Good luck getting it fixed.

Dave

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 13372
Yes do it leaf springs work nicely. U can put the rear at the exact height u want. I did mine that way. I couldn't believe how much more of a comfortable ride I got.

Larry Payne  ⛳