Skip to main content
Topic: Roof maintenance (Read 627 times) previous topic - next topic

Roof maintenance

Yahoo Message Number: 4803
Got up on a ladder today and thought I'd brush the roof. Not too long after I started the rain came down in buckets.

What surprised me was that the Jayco Greyhawk manual says to see the suppliers material for roof maintenance. Nothing in the box and the supplier is not listed with other suppliers in the back of the manual.

Did anyone get material on roof maintenance with their 32SS or 33DS?

Tx

Don

Roof maintenance

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 4809
Don, I can't access it right now since I'm on my net book but I have the info for Jayco's rubber roofs. Hopefully when I get to Elkhart tomorrow I can pull it off my laptop and send/or give it to you. Basically all the manufacturer recommends is scrubbing with Spic and Span and a stiff brush. They even say no treatments are necessary. The only other thing is to check all sealed areas..

Dave Sparke

Re: Roof maintenance

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 4811
Thanks Dave. That sounds familiar so I must have had it. I was searching yesterday for something to clean it with and anything with chlorox was a no no in the back of my mind. Spic and Span sounds about right - something for me to do when I get back from Elkhart. :)

I have to say I don't relish getting up on the roof. Don't think I'm going to be able to convince DW to do it though.

Don

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 4812
Don Leslie wrote:

Did anyone get material on roof maintenance with their 32SS or 33DS?

Nope. I did some research at one point and found the TPO roof was
manufactured by Alpha Systems. I thought it might be Dicor, but if it
was it would be listed as tecbright or something like that.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 4813
Don Leslie wrote:

Thanks Dave. That sounds familiar so I must have had it. I was searching
yesterday for something to clean it with and anything with chlorox was a
no no in the back of my mind.

Absolutely no bleach allowed. The manufactures site recommend Murphy's
Oil Soap.

Take care,
Greg

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 4814
Murphy's Oil Soap is what I used on my Fiberglass roof. Can it be bought in Canada?
Best
Ron Hall

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 4815
It was widely available at one time but has faded considerably and one has to really search.

I'll pick up a bottle in Elkhart.

Now to get up on the roof and continue getting off the lose dirt. Of course, it might rain again. Already had my golf ruined today as we got to the course and found they had shoehorned a large group of women into the schedule just before us and we'd have been there all day. So if it rains on me it rains on them.

Best

Don

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 4825
don't slip and fall off

Sent: 13 July, 2010 8:24 AM
To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Roof maintenance

It was widely available at one time but has faded considerably and one has to really search.

I'll pick up a bottle in Elkhart.

Now to get up on the roof and continue getting off the lose dirt. Of course, it might rain again. Already had my golf ruined today as we got to the course and found they had shoehorned a large group of women into the schedule just before us and we'd have been there all day. So if it rains on me it rains on them.

Best

Don

On 2010-07-13, at 10:58 AM, ronjhallsr wrote: