Skip to main content
Topic: Slideout awning position issue (Read 476 times) previous topic - next topic

Slideout awning position issue

Yahoo Message Number: 7165
Anyone ever seen anything like this? I went to put my slideout back in and heard very strange noises. When I got out to check it out, the awning reel over the slideout was on top of the slideout, somewhat unrolled, and trapped between the body and the slideout trip pieces. I've posted some pictures in my album of what it looked like.

I was able to disconnect the roller support arm and once it flipped up out of the way, the roller re-positioned itself higher. I brought the slideout back in, and re-attached the support.

Needless to say, I won't be using the slideout until I get it into a dealer to see what's going on.

Anyone else ever encounter this?

Ken
'05 Gulf Stream Conquest Super-C

Re: Slideout awning position issue

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7167
, "Ken"  wrote:
Anyone ever seen anything like this? I went to put my slideout back in and heard very strange noises. When I got out to check it out, the awning reel over the slideout was on top of the slideout, somewhat unrolled, and trapped between the body and the slideout trip pieces. I've posted some pictures in my album of what it looked like.

I was able to disconnect the roller support arm and once it flipped up out of the way, the roller re-positioned itself higher. I brought the slideout back in, and re-attached the support.

Needless to say, I won't be using the slideout until I get it into a dealer to see what's going on.

Ken

Oh....album is called 05 Super-C

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 7168
Attachments :

Ouch. Mine is an '05 6340 and nothing like this has happened. You can bet I'll be taking a close look tomorrow.
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken
    Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:36 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Slideout awning position issue

Ken

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 7169
    That does not look good.
    Probably the roller did not unwind properly. Pulling the roller to wrong side of slide. When you brought slide in the roller was t trapped between slide and side of motor home.
    Best
    Ron Hall

Reply #4
    Yahoo Message Number: 7170
    Ken . . . My slideout toppers are a bit different than yours, but I had one jam up and not rewind when I brought the large room in. Turns out the material had sagged in the center and held so much water that it wouldn't wind. I cut a small hole in it and will replace the stretched material when I get back to FL.

Geo