Skip to main content
Topic: Electrics in Entertainment Center not working (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

Electrics in Entertainment Center not working

Yahoo Message Number: 7777
Today DH exercised the generator. When he was done there was no longer any power to the entertainment center. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? All fuses, switches, inverter and converter checked. Nothing found.

Re: Electrics in Entertainment Center not working

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 7778
Attachments :

Does 'checked all fuses' etc include the breakers on the genny?
    Greg
    MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of deewhite0612
    Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:04 PM
    To: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Electrics in Entertainment Center not working

Today DH exercised the generator. When he was done there was no longer any power to the entertainment center. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? All fuses, switches, inverter and converter checked. Nothing found.

Reply #2
    Yahoo Message Number: 7779
    DH says there is only 1 breaker on the Genny and it was OK.

Reply #3
    Yahoo Message Number: 7780
    Attachments :

OK, I assume you have a 4k with a single rooftop air? I'll let the others post on anything additional with the inverter or convertor, but when I dismantled ours last winter and replaced all of the woodwork, I found a couple of wires on the back of the panel that were loose. Can't imagine that's the issue if you just exercised the genny. Given what I uncovered during the process, I'm surprised I wasn't having more electrical issues than I was. Did he use the entertainment right before the genny was exercised? May be time to start at the auto switch with a meter and see where you are losing AC. As long as other A/C works, s/b good until the breaker panel. Breakers do go bad also. I would bet it's on the inverter side, but I don't have one so I can't help you there.
      Greg
      MN

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
      Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:59 PM
      Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Electrics in Entertainment Center not working

DH says there is only 1 breaker on the Genny and it was OK.

Reply #4
      Yahoo Message Number: 7781
      with or new to us haulmark this summer while dry camping and watching tv our generator started in auto mode when voltage went below 12 volts. it ran for about 2 hours then shut itself off as programed.

problem was, when the genny shut down so did the tv.

after about 30 min. of looking, trying, searching and thinking i decided to manually start the generator then turn it off. mysteriously all circuits were now on.

something to do with the auto transfer switch?

don

Reply #5
      Yahoo Message Number: 7782
      7500 with 2 rooftop AC

Reply #6
      Yahoo Message Number: 7783
      Attachments :

Yup, looks like the 7500 has a double with a single lever. Wonder if the breaker is bad? I'd probably start by checking voltage on both lines. My guess would be that the easiest place to do that w/b at the transfer switch.
        Greg

From: KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:KodiakChassisClassC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee
        Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:17 PM
        Subject: [KodiakChassisClassC] Re: Electrics in Entertainment Center not working

7500 with 2 rooftop AC

Reply #7
        Yahoo Message Number: 7784
        On units with a forward entertainment center, there is an interlock with the engine that disables the entertainment center. This is done by a relay in the AC circuit at the entertainment center.

In some units the inverter plugs into a normal outlet hidden close to the inverter. You can check power at that location, and if there is power there, then you can stepwise move closer to the entertainment center.

Let us know how it goes.

Sometimes starting the generator requires manipulating the ignition and perhaps the entertainment system thinks the engine is running?

Just a thought.

Kevin
        Kevin (Real) McCoy [KF5FUZ / WQJE447]
        ("Roscoe Ventura" Jayco Seneca HD SS 34 Diesel 2006; "Toad" Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2007)

Reply #8
        Yahoo Message Number: 7785
        Dee,

When you say he checked the breakers did he reset them or just look. Sometimes the breaker will trip but the handle doesn't move. I would turn the inverter breaker and the one for the front TV off and back on.

Dave Sparke

Reply #9
        Yahoo Message Number: 7786
        Turned them all off and back on. Now going to try restarting the genny and turning it off again. Hold thumbs!

Re: Electrics in Entertainment Center - we have lift off!

Reply #10
        Yahoo Message Number: 7792
        After pushing, pulling and switching everything, we found the ground switch on the inverter had tripped off and DH wasn't pushing it in hard enough to reset. Everything working again!

Re: Electrics in Entertainment Center - we have lift off!

Reply #11
        Yahoo Message Number: 7794

Good for you guys. One more thing to add to my troubleshooting list!

K