Skip to main content
Topic: Water Pump Problem (Read 439 times) previous topic - next topic

Water Pump Problem

Yahoo Message Number: 16015
2014 Thor Super C Chateau.... Water pump seemed to fail during my last camping trip. I pulled out the tools, removed the panel, had no power to the switch nor the pump. I disconnected the pump and jumpered it straight to 12V and saved the camping trip. BTW - I had already checked EVERY fuse possible but seem to be losing power to the panel. During this time, the tank level lights would work but then they lost power too. Everything else on the panel worked fine, water heater switch, etc. Later, the pump light started working so I put it back the way it should by removing the jumper and reconnecting the pump to the proper location. Then, again it stopped working so I used the again. Any ideas? Anyone else have an issue like this.
Captain Jerry - Baytown Texas I am up to 24K miles on the 6.7 Diesel

Re: Water Pump Problem

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 16017
The wires in back of the fuse block are push on connectors. Check to see if wire has come off connector. You will need to remove whole fuse assembly to see connectors. Mine is mounted to a cabinet wall.

Re: Water Pump Problem

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 16018
Thanks and FIXED... yes, the wires on the back of the fuse panel were not making good contact. Thanks again and happy trails from Captain Jerry in Texas.
BTW - I will be a "Lone Duck Campground" just West of Colorado Springs for July 4th week. Then on to Salt Lake and Yellowstone after that. I should be gone 3 weeks, then back home for a month, then off to BURNINGMAN, Black Rock City, Nevada for 3 weeks over Labor Day.